Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threaded holes

Threaded holes

How about adding the option to add threads to the hole tool? As it is now, if you want a threaded hole you have first to create the hole and then add thread.

7 Comments
maritza.ga
Alumni

Hi @jkelindberg

We completely agree! We are working on this right now. We are hoping to make some additional improvements to the tool as well so we are investigating several workflows. We will continue to update you as the project moves along. 

Maritza Garcia

Fusion 360 Experience Design

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

yanouk73
Advocate

Hi,

When creating an hole, with thread, there should be an option for a pre hole, like a mini counterbore, same sise as the thread x a depth value. this is because when I send 3D step files, the supplier will be able to see what is the center of the thread and the external nominal diameter. actually, the 3D thread are actually harde to measure and hard for finding the center if you just look at the 3d step file.

example: for an M4 screw hole, when the thread is made, there should be a 4mm x 0.2mm counterboard at the begenning of the hole.

thanks,

Yan

patman27
Participant

Hey @maritza.ga, has anything progressed on this issue on your end? I'm anxiously awaiting this feature!

rishabh.bisht
Alumni

I'm very excited to share that the April 2018 update of Fusion 360 includes enhanced Hole command with the capability to create standard driven holes and threads. 

holeimg.png

yanouk73
Advocate
Great news!

Does it have a concentric pre-hole champfer or Something like this, becuase the actual 3D thread modeled is making a real 3D, but it is not concentric when you look on the hole axis, a little champfer that is the same size as the thread high will make this bug gone.

Thanks,

Yan
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Good news! Hole and threads as a single tool has been implemented in our April 17 Update! https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/april-17-2018-product-update-whats-new/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report