Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create text on curve

Create text on curve

Hi,

I dont think I need to add anything to this. I really think that this is missing from Fusion. I know there is a workarnound through Inkscape, but thats not really a solution. Fusion should have this option in Text creating.

1. Create curve

2. Apply text to it

Text on Curve.PNG

58 Comments
brianriordan
Enthusiast

I would really like to be able to create text that follows a path- a spline or a circle.  NOTE: this is curvature within the plane of the text.

Tags (3)
kellings
Advisor

There is already an idea for this that you will want and submit votes for.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation-request-a/more-advanced-text-features/idi-p/540...

carllatham
Participant

this would life so much easier than adding one letter at a time

maritza.ga
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

maritza.ga
Alumni

This is in our Backlog. We will look into the work required to complete and rank the priority against the other sketch tasks.

Maritza Garcia 

Fusion 360 UX Design

KJB5150
Contributor

The ability to create text on an arc in a sketch should be a basic capability of Fusion 360.

Tags (1)
tajudeen_t
Participant
Hi,

Thanks for the good work.

I will like you to add sdd a command that allows text to follow a sketch path. This function is available in Autocad.

Looking forward to a favorable response from you.

Regards
Tajudeen
Tags (3)
keqingsong
Community Manager

Hey there, thanks for the idea. Please do a search before you post because chances are, someone has already posted the same idea: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/curved-text/idi-p/5805364

SaeedHamza
Advisor

Hi,

It would be great if the sketch feature has more settings in the dialog box ...

Such as these :

1- It would be a huge benefit for fusionists to be able to select a path for the sketch, so that letters can walk along that path with options like " identical " and " path direction " just like the pattern along a path.

2- If the first point above was achieved, it would be cool also to manipulate the spacing between letters, again like the pattern along path.

3- If the user wanted to import anything to Fusion, it's done using a dialog box, so I guess doing the same thing for fonts in the text dialog box would be great, I mean importing a font type from the text dialog box.

4- Finally, this is something I personally would love to have in the text command. What if the text command creates the text as an out lines that can be edited to manipulate the text as will.

I hope to see these improvements in Fusion soon

Best regards

Saeed

SaeedHamza
Advisor

Since I can't edit this post I just want to point out that when I say sketch I mean the text command

fredgenius
Advocate

Align Text To Path In a sketch - why hasn't this feature been implemented already?

Tags (3)
zuurik
Contributor

Yes, i have to use illustrator at the moment to do that, and really messes it up when i need to change something.

fredgenius
Advocate
Thank you for your support!
bryan5
Advocate

This has been mentioned before, but can we get the ability for text to follow a curve.

jjensing
Contributor
panscan
Enthusiast

Yes indeed, I didnt really tought this was missing before I needed it. It was like those WT* moments 🙂

carl-bartlett
Contributor

Anything on this yet, seems easy enough I have asked about it in the past.

dhaval121996
Contributor

I totally agree with this. I don't have any idea on how to change the color either. It's just basically blue text. 

b_gittings
Explorer

Curved Text Aligned to Curve.pngAgree, was wanting to add this curved text as a back-lit LED/Plastic in our sign but now need Illustrator

lokiidesigns
Advocate

Agree and think that the Text tool could use some love and attention in general. It seems to be almost at odds with the way it behaves or you interact with it than any other tool in the sketch environment. It is missing some basic functionality which would help considerably such as better manipulators or equivalents to endpoints, midpoints, centre points, etc. along with formatting options particularly around paragraphing...hope to see some development on this front in 2018!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report