Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch Pallette improvement

Sketch Pallette improvement

The Sketch Pallette takes up a lot of screen area. Also, the icons and check boxes are all the way at the edge of the screen. The mouse has to travel over the text labels to reach them. So two suggestions, both very simple and nothing new to have to learn:

1) Swap the icon and label columns as shown below. Then make the pallette as narrow as it can be to fit everything in.

2) Make the labels clickable as well as the icons. Basically, expand the click area to cover both.

F360 sketch palette.png

4 Comments
mwrother500
Participant

It seems that I always need to scroll to get to my most used constraints, ie. Horizontal/Vretical, Tanget, Equal, and semmetry. I sure would be nice to organize them so I can put the ones I use most on the top. 

ddienno
Explorer

In Solidworks when you select two unconstrained sketch entities a small icon window pops up next to the cursor with all of the possible sketch constraints that you can put on the selected entities.  This makes it pretty quick to make constraints because you don't have to move the mouse over to another window or scroll on that window.  Also, this frees up space on the screen.

I would like to see a similar implementation in Fusion.

lucasproko
Alumni

Love the idea of extending the clickable area to include the labels as well as the icons.

@ddienno@mwrother500One trick I've learned recently is that if you select the two sketch components you want to create a relationship between and then right click, a window will pop up showing only the constraints applicable to the chosen geometry. 

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Thank you for your idea, we are working on a solution that will change the layout / where we access items from the sketch pallet.  This is a part of a larger improvement to our user interface that we will be rolling out over the next year.

Cheers,

Mike Prom

Internal tracking FUS-19907

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report