Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut for 3D Orbit

Shortcut for 3D Orbit

It would be nice to have a setting for this key combo. Right now on my Mac it is on shift+middle_mouse_button. I'd prefer something like cmd or alt + left_mouse_button.

16 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've mapped a button my Wacom tablet to act as a momentary orbit button.

Works a treat and saved my hand from the repetitive strain on continually pressing the center button on my mouse.

I've also mapped PAN, SHIFT, CTRL buttons to the Wacom.

I highly recommend picking a tablet up. I use a relatively inexpensive 4x6 inch Intuous 3.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選
We will be adding multiple manipulation schemes and customization to address this. What would be you preferred settings? Is there a product you would like us to mimic?
lure23
Collaborator

One use case is a Mac touch pad. I'm fortunate to have a multibutton mouse with Mac, but needed to bend my brain a bit when using Fusion on the MacBook Air's touchpad. No middle button (right click is simulated by two-finger tap or Ctrl + mouse click).

Will test the outcome on the touchpad. Btw, Shift + middle button is one of the great small features of Fusion!

stefan
Observer

The ability to map to other popular 3d software packages mappings would be nice:

Maya: Alt+LMB (orbit), Alt+MMB (track), Alt+RMB (zoom)

Modo: Alt+LMB (orbit), Alt+Shift+LMB (track), Alt+Ctr+LMB (zoom)

Just don't give people an extra hurdle when switching or combining current workflows, because it's hard to switch to a whole new mapping to do the exact same thing. Especially when the other software is also from Autodesk and has proven its mappings work for many years.

todd_sandercock
Enthusiast

Holding down shift and orbiting around with 2 fingers is really great on a mac track pad. Please leave this as is

patrik-web
Advocate

I have a history of RSI and I'm also having problems with finger strain from having to continually press the center mouse button. The Alibre solution, which is to press both left and right buttons, was much more comfortable for me.  Is there some reason this preference can't be made more customizable? Why not, instead of constraining the options to a few alternatives, make each of the pan/zoom/orbit customizable to its own individual trigger.

haughec
Autodesk

Fusion provides the ability to change your navigation settings in Preferences -> General tab - > Pan, Zoom, Orbit shortcuts.

Closing this as Implemented.

Thanks,

Charles

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi what about all the people who use mac and the mac mouse ? I can't seem to use fusion to navigate and it is a basic function because we don't have the middle mouse button, normally with adobe products we use spacebar to Pan or Alt and right mouse button or Alt Shift and RMB in other programs like modo or mesh mixer etc, could there be these shortcuts for mac users? 

Thanks 

Chris 

Anonymous
Not applicable

DO YOU KNOW ANY SHORTCUT FOR HOME POSITION IN FUSION 360

mark
Advocate

I often access F360 through RDP to windows using a chromebook.  When I do this I usually don't have a desktop to put a mouse on.  Sitting on a train or my couch are good examples.  I haven't been able to find a decent solution to orbit/pan in this setup.

I found about a half-dozen requests to be able to use modifier keys and left click-drag to orbit and pan.  These date back to 2013.  Other 3D programs I use, openscad and Cura, allow this.

What could I do to have the most impact on F360 developers to realize how important this is to many people?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of the tools in Fusion has three dots in the menu where I can create my own custom shortcut. But ORBIT and PAN functions (clickable icons at the bottom of the screen) do not offer these three dots! I have to use middle mouse button to orbit. I hate to hold F4 key to orbit. I want to assign my own shortcut but it is impossible with Fusion. 

There is a possibility to set Preferences -> General tab - > Pan, Zoom, Orbit shortcuts, but this is very limiting, one can basically select only pre-configured behavior which is maybe used in another software, but it does NOT allow me to specify my custom shortcut keys.

For example, I want to be able to press a key (just press, not hold it) to switch to Orbit mode. I want to press another key to switch to Pan mode. My previous software was Sketchu and I am used to "g" for orbit and "h" for pan mode, but this particular letters should be configurable. I can imagine you add another option called "Sketchup" in Preferences in General tab - > Pan, Zoom, Orbit shortcuts, but anyway this is not proper solution. Proper solution is to let user create shortcut of his own.

So please mark this ticket as Open again, since the problem is NOT solved, it is NOT possible to set custom shortcuts to Orbit or Pan, as far as I know. I may be wrong since I'm using fusion for few hours only now, so if there is such a way, I will be happy if you let me know. Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I made a mistake, I claimed that shortcut for Orbit in Sketchup is g, that's incorrect, actually it is "o" for orbit. Other than that what I wrote was a correct representation of my point of view. So please consider implementing shortcuts for orbit and pan 🙂

strmseekr
Explorer

This is a bit of a big ask, but would it be possible to just have it so you can pick which buttons do what? I'm coming from an EE background and I use HFSS a lot, and I'm sure there are engineers from random backgrounds that use their own obscure softwares, so rather than have a profile for every possible software, it might be simpler to just let the user choose what button combinations do what.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously why are you guys at Autodesk are thinking this is fixed? 
You didn't give us the option to map the keys we want, you are forcing us to use one of the preset shortcuts?

Why ??
Is it really that hard to let us bind the keys we want?

kenTML5C
Contributor

I agree with the recent requests for customizable shortcuts for orbit, zoom, pan. Or at least add "Sketchup" to the prefabricated list. Thanks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report