Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rhino .3dm Export

Rhino .3dm Export

Please consider adding Rhino .3dm EXPORT.  Thank you for the .3dm import!  Some will want/need to go back and forth between Rhino and Fusion.  The ability to export would be boon to avoid an intermediary file, i.e. STEP.  TSM is great when one is working with T-Splines, but most Rhino models are a combination.

5 Comments
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This makes sense, we need to look into how we can do this as well as other formats. 

burbs56
Community Visitor

I agree with the comment as a student thats required to use rhino but loves the intuitiveness of Fusion I would like to have the 3dm exports feature added 

RudiRhino
Community Visitor

I agree that being able to export from Fusion360 as a .3dm file would be great. We can import a Rhino .3dm so it should be easy to export as well. As a T-Splines user it would be great to transition to Fusion for the future.

danminson
Contributor

Rhino's format is also referred to as OpenNURBS, which is a pretty awesome development initiative, something beyond STEP and without the restrictions of it. Fusion support would be brilliant, and allow interchange with other programs that support OpenNURBS, such as Moi3D.

rolf.lampa
Observer

Support for .3dm would mean a complete roundtrip toolbox with Rhino & MOI.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report