Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to bring Retrieve dimensions into Fusion 360 like in Inventor

Request to bring Retrieve dimensions into Fusion 360 like in Inventor

Hey Fusion 360 development team,

Some of  my customers have been asking for the retrieve dimensions in Fusion 360 . One of the best dimension option in inventor and also the arrange dimension option .  

retrieve dimensions.png

10 Comments
craig_topp
Community Visitor

Yes, please add the ability to bring over thread specifications from the model into the drawing. Users should not have to manually add the specifications to the drawing.

jttrachsel
Participant

Yes, threads that change with the model would be important. Typing everything in is bound to cause Errors, especially when the model changes.

mikercaldwell
Community Visitor

This is a basic feature for 3D modeling software. This should not require a feature request.

johnptc314159
Collaborator

really ??

autodeskBZ6BE
Community Visitor

Was also surprised that this wasn't there.  Consider this a feature request.

torleinh
Observer

Especially for threads the dimensioning should follow from the drawing. I made a part with threads just now, and I couldn't find a way to add the dimension showing what kind of thread it was just directly by clicking on it in the drawing. That is simply not even optional, but a necessary part of a CAD program.

gtprototype
Advocate

I vote yes, especially threaded holes defined in the model.

ericHSX8W
Community Visitor

Also suprised that there isn´t the possibility to do it.

I just want to be able to write the "Designation" field of the Hole Edit feature as a quote of the hole in drawing

johnptc314159
Collaborator

this is a BIG shortcoming but one at fusion 360 seems concerned.  Also i get no answer as to why the is not 4 axis machining.  it seems like the bells and whistles get a lot of resources in lieu of the foundational functions.  i would love to hear from fusion why this is the case:(

EDG_Engineering
Explorer

Also surprised to find this feature missing. It would be great to get an update on this as I have read this is being worked on.

Cheers

Ed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report