Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

improvements to new 3D viewCube axis symbols

improvements to new 3D viewCube axis symbols

1. bright green on a white background is not very readable at all. for the individual environment themes I would adjust them so you maintain propper color contrast to enhance readability.

2. I am not in love with the overlay because the Z axis often overlays with the top view. Sometimes Y cannot be seen.

the idea to combine both axis and viewcube makes sense but I am not sure if it is as effective. I would rather split them apart maybe.

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 7.29.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-20 at 7.13.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-20 at 7.13.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-20 at 7.12.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-20 at 7.12.46 AM.png

I might rather offer another option for just showing the axis on the object ground

Show grid

Show Axis and maybe offer a Z axis as well.

I find this a lot more informative to know where and what x and y and z do when you see it next,under, at your object

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 7.32.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-20 at 7.32.31 AM.png

3 Comments
kb9ydn
Advisor

Other well known CAD systems place the axis indicator at the origin of the active part for a good reason; because it's the most useful there!  I would also like that it be visible on its own without the sketch grid.  The sketch grid to me is just clutter.  All I need is the origin with axis indicators.

C|

cekuhnen
Mentor

@kb9ydn

Agreed - while the grid can be incredibly useful if it would read out what each grid square means.

Blender or Shapr3D show you the unite of each subdivision grid based on your zoom level with Blender being the best

also calling out if you currently look at a mm grid or a cm or meter grid!

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 3.35.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-20 at 3.35.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-20 at 3.35.00 PM.png

sanguish
Advocate

This should be shown a the origin, as my original proposal. This is almost useless in the top corner.

My suggestion was to show the labeled planes, not just x/y/z

This is a best a poor solution, and doesn't nothing to solve the problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report