Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve viewing of information about sketch/modeling features (relations/dim)

Improve viewing of information about sketch/modeling features (relations/dim)

I'm not sure if theres a way to do this currently in fusion, but I can't seem to find a way.

In solidworks, as soon as you click on a certain feature, you immediately get a ton of information about it - what feature you clicked on (arc, line, spline, etc..), what its constrained to (relations), if its fixed, if its constrained, and various dimensional information (x/y/z position, length, radius, etc..). This information is very helpful and doing any sort of troubleshooting or even just modifications of current designs can be time consuming without it. Because fusion 360 is lacking these features I find sketching and modeling to be quite a process, I'm wondering if anyone shares my sentiment. Below is a snapshot of the features I'm referring to in solidworks.

Also, as a side note:

1) The ability to click on a relation, both in the menu below and the actual icon, and have it highlight the chained relations/features is very helpful - it also helps that the fact that each has corresponding numbers next to them.

2) I have to use the "inspect" (measure) tool to get the geometric information, and I find this tool to be very buggy and difficult to use. There is nowhere to change how its measured - ie: min/max/center to center distance. Also knowing the x/y/z components in addition to the linearly measured distance would be helpful.

relations.png

5 Comments
kb9ydn
Advisor

Yep.  This is just another item in the long list of details that make SWX so much easier to model in than Fusion.  Hopefully Fusion will get there some day.

C|

chasesevans
Participant

I mean most of my gripes with it is pretty basic functionality thats missing, this being one of the heavy hitters. I mean I appreciate the price, which probably accounts for most of the reason its so stripped down but the foundation needs to be there - I've mostly been a Solidworks user but I have to imagine most of this is already present with Inventor... Not sure why that didn't translate to Fusion.

I mean sketching something and starting to put relations on it then not being able to accurately tell what relations are on each feature is a huge issue - I want to say almost a dealbreaker for me. Half the time I end up deleting entire sections and re-sketching it because I can't pinpoint the relation thats causing an issue. I hope they get this fixed asap, otherwise I don't really see being able to use Fusion going forward.

nileshlala
Advocate

Great idea, would also be good if you could toggle the option on and off too

O.Tan
Advisor

You're not alone at this, I come from SolidEdge background and Fusion is behind quite a lot when it comes to modelling and drafting/drawings. In terms of PLM related stuffs and collaboration, Fusion is quite ahead. The features are coming in but if you can't wait, probably check back in a year. Fusion now is much more improved and better then the Fusion around the same time last year. 

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thank you for your idea, this is getting archived due to the amount of changes being requested in one idea.  The top section of what you show with "relations" is in our back log of work to be done.  The rest of the improvements are not currently planned. If you feel strongly about the rest of the listed improvements, please submit them as separate ideas.

Regards,

Mike Prom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report