Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import SVG file at the same size as in Illustrator

Import SVG file at the same size as in Illustrator

I understand how the scaling feature works but its not exact enough. I dont understand why the imported scale is so large. Maybe you could build a box to the exact outer dimensions of your AI file so when you import it, it fills to those dimensions? I still do things the old way of sketching first, so being able to bring those orthographic sketches into illustrator and create the paths in that software is much faster than doing everything in Fusion. 

8 Comments
wijnen.e
Participant

Yes I would love this too or a option to set (or scale) dimensions while importing!

JamieGilchrist
Autodesk
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

hi yunhecantsee

yes we are aware of the problem with SVG insert workflows.  The problem is a question of unit conversion from pixel based dimensions (llustrator saves svg as unitless)  and the scaling is pixel based dimension of vector objects.  We have this in our backlog to fix.

backlog reference:  FUS-24705

best,

Jamie

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be great to have this feature, Ilustrator and fusion work great together for graphic desing backgrounds

greetins

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have this problem.  I created a circle 24" diameter in Ai and saved it in SVG format.  In Fusion 360 I created a box 24" square.  I inserted the circle and Fusion rendered the 24" circle as an 18" circle.  Hopefully I'm be able to work around this in Fusion 360 / Ai.  But inserting the DFX file format was a complete bust in a similar test.

circle 24 inch in Fusion 260.jpg

susucks
Community Visitor

any update or workaround related with this issue?

forrestY2UKV
Community Visitor

I’m going to pitch in on squeezing the wheel here. It would be very useful if you could import SVGs at size or if there was a way to set the dimensions in you working units when importing.

If nothing else maybe we could get a video tutorial with a good workaround. 

Thanks 

jean-michel_legoff
Collaborator

Hello,

Is there any solution to import SVG as the same dimension as in Ai?

We are now in 2020 and the issue is still there.

Even if the conversion is not too complex, I guess that the issue is something about Print vs Screen Resolution and a simple 4/3 (96ppi vs 72dpi) is enough to sacle the SVG file when importing it in a Sketch.

But as we are used to work in AI in mm, I can't understand why Fusion 360 doesn't import the SVG in mm as well, when the default design Unit is set to mm.

Many Thanks

rsWC7DH
Explorer

Hi

It would be great, if it also would work for Inkscape.

It uses SVG 1.1 units are provided in the header of the svg-file

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report