Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Layouts

Drawing Layouts

It would be great if F360 could linked to autocad ws to create drawing layouts in a similar way that inventor fusion linked with autocad.

Would this be possible?

5 Comments
keqingsong
Community Manager

Thanks for the suggestion rpagewood! We'll definitely look into it.

schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選
We have some exciting news on this. We already have a project to do this and will be in bets testing in few months. We will update here once we have more questions and more to share. One thing we are wondering is how strict International drafting standard support do you need?
rpagewood
Advocate

Personally international drafting standards are not hugely important to me. But the ability to customise the drafting standards is. Most organisations I know of develop their own standards so having the ability to customise drafting templates etc to suit is very important. 

I guess the ideal drafting app to run alongside F360 would be autocad which has a link to the 3d model so any changes to design are updated in darwing layouts. Also the ability to automatically create views, sections, details etc from 3d data is very important. But I think Autocad already has this ability.

PaulMunford
Autodesk

Regarding drafting standards - In the long term, it would be great if F360 could allow everyone to adopt there own standard. In the short term - I can see that this would be a real PITA for you guys to deliver!

Personally - I would like to see the International draughting standards included 'in the box' (just as they are with Inventor), with the option to 'tweak' the standards to be added at a later date.

(ASME, ISO and BS standards e.t.c are pretty close these days. The option to select from the country/region based standards should allow people to get started, with minium amount of time spent worrying about lineweights e.t.c

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Since we now have a Drawings environment for Fusion, we are closing this request. If there was something specific inside the drawings functionality that you'd like to request, please let us know by creating a new idea.

Best,

Timera

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report