Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark UI Option

Dark UI Option

It would be nice to have a "dark UI" option for the interface. Sometimes It just feels a bit easier on the eyes. 

Nearly every other Autodesk program I have used in the last 10 years has this option. Its weird it hasn't been implemented in Fusion 360 as of yet.  

Dark UI.png

22 Comments
Rafmongelos
Advocate

As Autocad and other CAD Software, which have a light and dark mode, Could be very interesting to have a nice and simplest dark mode option into Fusion 360. It wil match will the whole enviroment in Mac (for example). Not only stylish, but really calm and professional.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
TMC.Engineering
Collaborator

Not sure exactly what you mean. maybe this will help?

dark.PNG

Rafmongelos
Advocate

Hi TMC.Engineering,

thank for your reply. No, i don't mean something like this (a dark enviroment). I mean a literally a "Dark" Fusion workspace, like the picture.Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 22.04.14.png

JColling
Contributor

I would love an official "dark" interface, too. I like to work at night many times and when I start fusion 360 up it blinds me with its white interface...ouch my eyes! Smiley Surprised

magnusPGNJ5
Contributor

Totally agree, I mean Maya, Photoshop, Modo, Houdini you name it, has dark interfaces because it is easier on the eyes during long sessions.

viorelciomblea
Observer

nice idee, i`d like that too, dark blue is also good for eyes 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thanks for the idea! Yes, this is something we'd like to get to. We have a whole project of revamping the UI and bring it out of it's 50 shades of grey and into a more modern/logical visual experience. In the meantime, try using a different environment. That should at least help with eye strain. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 1.58.11 PM.png

Ryan.Rivas
Participant

Right on! I eagerly await the update. I just love to see that all you guys and gals listen to us "little people." Keep up the amazing work! Fusion is an amazing tool. 

keqingsong
Community Manager

@Ryan.Rivas There are no such thing as "little people" in Fusionland. Everyone has a voice, and we listen to all of you 🙂

Steinwerks
Mentor

Not sure who knows this but if you enter the text command options.theme /dark gives you a dark shell menu:

Dark.jpg

Not a solution, but getting closer.

I don't know how to UNDO the dark menu though so it's a good thing I really like it Smiley LOL

KirillChepizhko
Advocate

bumping the thread, this is a brilliant idea. Having dark environment is good but having dark UI best. Most of us work through the night with it

Lonnie.Cady
Advisor

@Steinwerks maybe you already figured this out

but options.theme /light

keqingsong
Community Manager

Please do a search first before you post. There's already an idea on this. Merging this one with the other one now. 

gabriele
Advocate

I'd like to have this GUI

Ryan.Rivas
Participant

Any indication as to how much farther in the future we would have to wait for such a seemingly simple implementation? 

dennismercury
Explorer

"Any indication as to how much farther in the future we would have to wait for such a seemingly simple implementation?"
+1

keqingsong
Community Manager

@Ryan.Rivas @dennismercury thanks for your question. I can't give you a timeframe at this moment, but we are looking into it. It may seem simple, but there are lots of dependencies, testing, how it would work for other workspaces such as Simulation, CAM, etc, and resources needed to make this happen that come into play. Thanks for your patience - we'll keep you posted. 

wiktor.swiatkowski
Community Visitor

Im looking forward to this feature! I working a lot over night and white elements are hurting my eyes. My operationg system (Mac OS) has native dark mode and now Fusion 360 is the only not-dark-theme-friendly app standing out

theCADbudgie
Advocate

awaiting the darkness

isalhi
Observer

dark theme, yes god plz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report