Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counterbore/Countersink on the "backside" of the hole

Counterbore/Countersink on the "backside" of the hole

It would be really nice to be able to add a counterbore or countersink to the backside of a hole not just the front of it. This can be especially helpful when adding a hole from a flat face through to a curved face that need a counterbore for a fastener. The only way I have found to do this is to add a construction plane where you want the counterbore to start and model it manually.

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree! I come across this all the time!! I was just thinking of posting this idea when I saw your post. Just a tip: There are a couple ways of getting around this. The one I use the most is after you create your hole with one C.S. or C.B., create a mid-plane (if possible, tho it usually is) between both ends of the hole and just mirror it. This only works if the C.S./C.B. is the same on both sides. Now if it isn't, I just create the hole with the double C.S./C.B. twice, on the second one(other side) just set the depth to half the depth of the hole and make the drill tip angle 180 degrees and wal-lah. (I suppose you really don't need to set the drill tip angle to 180 tho I always seem to do it) Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a happy holiday! - Jacob S.

mbostonsprint
Collaborator

This is (I suspect) a related issue to one I have mentioned before, with the basic problem of creating a point where a construction axis intersects a curved surface (as opposed to a plane). There is also the basic problem of just easily making a hole into a curved surface.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

We're investigating this and discussing this with the team. We'll keep you posted on what we find. 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

We have plans to improve hole and threads this year. This is part of hole enhancements, but will probably end up in later phases of the project. We'll keep you posted on our progress. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report