Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Chain select sketch elements

Chain select sketch elements

The ability of auto-selecting a chain of connected sketch elements, for example whan patternig or mirroring is one of those little  additions that I've enjoyed in more mature and admittedly more expensive CAD packages. Not sure a screencast is realy necessary but here it is.

10 Comments
DonCheke
Advocate

Chain select is also handy to find breaks that might have inadvertantly been made, since the chain will stop at any opening.

Regardless of votes, this is a super no-brainer.

AJameson56
Contributor

Yes.  Selecting using ctrl or shift is OK with a sketch that has five segments, but if the profile has 20 segments it gets frustrating very quickly.  

Select Chain and Select Tangent within sketches are both very useful in SW.  An improvement over SW, however, would also let you choose to select a start and end segement and auto-select everything in between.  

TrippyLighting
Consultant

I'd like to add that this already seem to be working perfectly when selecting edges for chamfering or filleting.

thepirate1
Enthusiast

You can see my comments in https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/design-validate-document/moving-profiles-in-sketch/m-p/6032067/highli...  

I don't know what is chain select, or how it would work, I only know that in practice, you have to select every single segment of anything you want to move, and that is very tedious.  (select with square marquee is just a disaster for connected overlapping things like rectangles). Also, I bet you could make a huge mess of constraints on individual segements if you really want to constrain a whole profile (sketch object?) like a rectangle.  

For the same reason that you want to be able to manipulate bodies as whole entities in 3-D, It is really obvious that you should be able to at least select (better constrain and otherwise manipulate) sketch entities such as rectangles. 

Thanks for listening,  

-TPC

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: ć‚Ŗćƒ¼ćƒˆćƒ‡ć‚¹ć‚ÆåÆ©ęŸ»č½éø

We have this planned for one of our March updates. Stay tuned! 

haughec
Autodesk

This is in progress.  Tracking it internally as FUS-17224.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

You will be able to do this in tonight's update! http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/blog/june-22-2016-update-whats-new

TrippyLighting
Consultant

YeeHaw!

scottmoyse
Mentor

This should help find breaks in complex profiles to an extent as well.... well that is only if there is more than one break.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report