Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cam adaptive clearing cutting both directions

cam adaptive clearing cutting both directions

Could you have an option for adaptive clearing cut direction be both directions ? 

Thank you 

Antonio 

6 Comments
jeff.walters
Advisor

Antonio 

Can you give me a little more detail about how you would like it to work? I’m asking because going from climb to conventional to me would require not only changing the speeds and feed but also the stepover amount. It seems to me that it would be faster to reposition at a rapid (or max feed rate) and cut at a higher federate climb milling.

Anonymous
Not applicable

when clearing stock with a trochoidal motion ( refrence picutre http://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/US7237989B2/US07237989-20070703-D00000.png)  instead of a rapid to the other side it motions back for a cut in the other direction , If I remember corectly it is an option in the 2d pathing . I am using a hobby maching and soft stock . So I don't have high speed rapids . 

the loops in the picture 

kb9ydn
Advisor

If you're cutting soft material then it might be faster to just use a standard pocket routine.  It has a both ways option.

C|

Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I am using adaptive pathing is so I am not taking a full with of cut . I am running a light duty mill . So if I was using an adaptive path I can take .150" doc and with standard pocketing only .075 " with out moving the part or slowing the spindle .  

Ps I am using fusion for a hobby and program/run a real cnc for a day job using other software . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a demo of p20 being milled in a demo with pathing I was talking about 

http://youtu.be/anet6_fG4fg?t=7m30s

tony 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report