Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boring, Drilling, Tapping Cycles: Order by selection

Boring, Drilling, Tapping Cycles: Order by selection

It would be nice to have the option of being able to post process the operations based on my desired order of drilling (tapping, boring as aforementioned), as opposed to the shortest, or most efficient solution as determined by Fusion. In other words, if I select bore 1, then 3, then 2, it will post the boring OP in that order. As it is, Fusion chooses which one to do first, as well as subsequent sequencing, which may not make sense given last tool position, how many cups of coffee you've had that morning, phase of the moon, etc.. I believe it has been available in the past, and been referred to as "preserve order"?

10 Comments
kb9ydn
Advisor

It should already do this by default if you uncheck "optimize order".  If it doesn't I believe that's a bug.

C|

HatfieldIndustr
Participant

Ah, gotcha! Thanks! Unfortunately, the option still isn't there for the boring cycle, which actually brought the issue up for me.

kb9ydn
Advisor

Oh ok, that boring cycle.  Yeah it's sort of dumb in that respect.  Sorting options definitely ought to be added.

C|

porsbym
Autodesk
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Thanks for the votes on this one. We expect to start working on this very soon.

keqingsong
Community Manager

Good news! This is getting implemented in the up-coming January update! 

HatfieldIndustr
Participant

Awesome! Thanks, guys!! Will be very helpful for several of my OPS!!!

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

keqingsong
Community Manager
keqingsong
Community Manager
HatfieldIndustr
Participant

Woot! Thanks guys! Really appreciate it, Keqing!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report