Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically make a sketch visible when editing

Automatically make a sketch visible when editing

Kinda surprised this even needs to be said, but not only did I fall victim to this, so did one of the people in the Adobe training videos! 🙂

When you go to edit a sketch, tht sketch should always be made initially visible.  This should be the case even if the 'All sketches' node is hidden. Sure you could re-hide it when you were in there (if you wanted to) but by default, it should be made visible.

Currently, if your 'all sketches' node is hidden and you go to edit a sketch, you end up with a blank screen and a confused look on your face.  You've already said you wanted to edit that sketch so making it visible can be a safe assumption.

6 Comments
MarqueIV
Enthusiast

Just adding a comment because I fell victim to this yet again.  It's pretty frustrating!!  Again, you've said you wanted to edit (or create) a sketch so not only can one say it's a safe assumption it should be shown, I'd make the argument it's not even an assumption.  It's a direct statement. I've already explicitly stated I want to edit the sketch and it has to be visible to edit, so I am saying I expect it to also be visible.

Think of the opposite... When would it ever be the case of wanting to edit a sketch but have that sketch be invisible?  When is that ever the right or desired case? I'd argue never.

donsmac
Collaborator

Looks like this idea has been accepted here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ideastation-request-a-feature-or/turn-sketch-folder-visible-when-editi...

This idea could be extended to include everything else that gives a warning that what you're doing is invisible. 

MarqueIV
Enthusiast

Couldn't agree more (about the warnings bit.)  And you're right... didn't see that it had already been accepted.  Then again, that was all the way back in June, and being a simple-to-implement, yet extremely frustrating to not have feature, I'm surprised it's not implemented yet, especially with their release cycles.  Wonder if it fell into the void.

kmead
Observer

Still not implemented 😞

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This is now implemented in our latest May 7 update!

snorriv
Explorer

What happened to this. I am still/again getting a blank screen when editing sketch with all work features turned off!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report