Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply Button in various commands dialog boxes

Apply Button in various commands dialog boxes

Hi Guys,

Adding an Apply button to various commands dialog boxes, will allow us to keep using the tool instead of reopening it over and over again.

2016-12-25_050956.png2016-12-25_051016.png2016-12-25_051036.png

Cheers / Ben
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Check out my YouTube channel: Fusion 360: Newbies+

5 Comments
earendall
Contributor

I think this is a great idea. I come from Solid Edge and a command will stay active until you exit out of it. This is handy when working on parts that have a ton of radii such as cast or molded parts. This will speed up the design process.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Thanks for your idea. You can do this today by doing a right-click and drag up. This activates the repeat command, but when used in the middle of a command, it acts as the apply action. See the gif for a better idea. 

apply action.gif

Beyondforce
Advisor

Thanks @keqingsong, that is nice trick, but I'm sure that most people would prefer to have a simple "Apply" button and that is for the same reason that you have an "OK" button. Unless, that something that is impossible to-do!?

Do you remember what happen when Microsoft removed the "Menu" button? 😉

Succissi
Explorer

It's a good idea. I was thinking this some day. It will be useful to make ours modeling more quickly. I think in some tools like extrude, fillets, chamfers, holes, move, joint and thread will help us so much if it implement this button. 

cheryl_sneddon
Advocate

This would be most useful when applying Joints for assemblies. It is nice to have the repeat but there would be no need for the repeat click if the dialog just stayed open.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report