Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Nesting Functionality for CAM

Advanced Nesting Functionality for CAM

Support for nesting of multiple profiles and part-in-part nesting with part and sheet offsets and orientation constraints would be great!

15 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just want to pile on here and register my support for nesting.  I am looking to use Fusion 360 to route wooden parts from boards and sheet stock on a CNC router table.  I am new to CAD/CAM/CNC, but for my purposes, it would be beneficial if I could define the axis of the woodgrain both in the part I am designing and on the board being cut, as the parts in solid wood need to have a specific grain orientation.  Not sure anyone else does that (I'm looking around now at various CAM software), but thought I would mention that.

rogerfries
Explorer

Nesting, Yes Please!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nesting is the one thing missing that I need the most as we do a lot of multiple part milling on the same stock setup

If this is something you really want I think you should look at a different Autodesk product: http://www.autodesk.com/products/trunest/overview

DataWolf
Community Visitor

An advanced Nesting function like those found in the Autodesk Truenest product is something I would love to see in Fusion 360. I design a lot of parts that ultimately come out of the same stock. The ability to select parts, specify the number of parts per stock and have those parts automatically nested in the most efficient layout possible would save me tons of time and money. Combine that with the ability to template those parts for custom engraving (i.e. specify an engraving template for the part that then pulls from a list or auto-increments) for serial numbers, names, etc. and I'll be one happy Fusion 360 user.

suzycabinet
Contributor

Nesting is absolutly esential to have Fusion 360 to full potential for woodworking Industry. PLEASE, PLEASE.

I love this progmam but nesting would make it my favorite.

promm
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

@Anonymous,

Thank you for your idea.  Nesting as mentioned in the comments, is technology we own "Trunest".  We are exploring how we can leverage the technology we have to complete the Fusion design to manufacturing workflow.  Once work gets started on this project the idea will be changed to Accepted.

Cheers,

Mike Prom

Internal use FUS-24795

suzycabinet
Contributor

If this gets acomplished I will promote Fusion to my customers since this would eliminate extra work I have to do now trough diffenent nesting program.

Ante Marovic

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have manufacturing setup for sheet metal furniture are currently using CREO 2 for making designs and and Lantek software for program generation for Turret punch press machine.  

I need fusion 360 sheet metal module with capability of designing of sheet metal parts,development/flattening of the designed part, assembly of parts and parametric designing and generating DXF out of that and

CNC program generation for

laser cutting machine

turret punch press machine

CNC press brake machine

CNC panel bender machine. 

I am more interested in sheet metal module in fusion 360, please let me know when it is going to launch

Kalpak Onkar 

India 

kpe.onkar@gmail.com

davecrookston
Observer

This would make life a lot easier. 

daveF3893
Contributor

I'm a woodworker but I see a mutual interest in nesting for the sheet metal industry.  Now that Sheet Metal is a reality, NESTING becomes a logical extension that could be used for woodworking too.

Please make this a reality.

Thanks

holmesmex
Contributor

Leaving my vote here for @DataWolf proposal,  a must for woodworking.

It's been a year form the latest update, any news?

Thanks

banddspindles
Advocate

Need it bad

rpicinic
Contributor

Please add nesting to Fusion CAM. Please!!!!

even if it is on a consumption model - pay as you use. I'd go for that, as I only use the nesting from time to time.

not everyday.

But, either way you do this. We need nesting in Fusion ASAP!

javiar
Autodesk

Fusion Nesting is actively being worked on and its coming. Very soon...I think you'll like it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report