Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a Wire and Cable Harness Design Environment

Add a Wire and Cable Harness Design Environment

To support electrical routed systems designs including support for industry standard wires, connectors and methodologies

4 Comments
promm
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

@bverboort

Thank you for your idea.  Although it is a great idea, the amount of time it will be before we get to it is the reason why the idea is being changed to Archived.  Wire and cable harness is a very large project for the team and with our current roadmap it will be years before we explore our options.  At this time, we will revisit your idea.

Thank you,

Mike Prom

Mr.Fields
Contributor

This is a big task, but the market is starved for this feature. We are using Solidworks Elec at work right now which makes me want to put my head through a wall most of the time. However, we are moving more and more to 3D models on the shop floor and SW is the only "good" supplier so far that we've found.

Even if it's very basic at this point, I think someone's going to be kicking themselves later for pushing this off till it's too late to make an impact.

sklkengineer
Enthusiast

I would appreciate even basic abilities to put these in. It's hard coming from inventor where we have it to fusion where the only way appears to be a hack with splines that's really clunky for many wires and difficult if you have to change anything in your assemblies.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report