Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Pause/Stop Button on the History Scrollbar

A Pause/Stop Button on the History Scrollbar

Occasionally, I will accidentally click the "play" button on the history bar, the one in the lower left corner.

Capture_1.PNG

As soon as I click this button, Fusion 360 immediately scrolls through all of my design from start to finish. There is no way to pause or stop this progression, and for some of my larger design files, I have to spend 15 minutes waiting for the progression to end before I can actually do my work. Please incorporate a pause or stop button into this feature. Not only will it allow those who accidentally click it to remove themselves from the situation, but it will also allow people who want to inspect a specific moment in the design to pause the progression at a certain point.

14 Comments
haughec
Autodesk

This is a great idea, and is captured in our backlog as FUS-9727.  That said, considering other priorities, we can't presently commit to starting on this task.  Marking this as Future Consideration for now.

Thanks,

Charles

haughec
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

fulcrumusa
Advocate

To be honest, considering that there is absolute no way for us to stop Fusion from playing the entire design history, I consider this a *requirement*, not an idea/suggestion.

This weekend, I had to wait for about an hour or more for Fusion to finish replaying after I accidentally hit the Play button.

Dmytro.Mukhin
Advisor

I agree with all the above ( @3dprinteraction and @fulcrumusa) , it takes a very long time!

Please add "stop" or "pause" button.
If I want to record a screencast about model with large number of elements and view perspective changed, I can not stop the process. I have to do some part screencast again. A similar problem when I check any step of creation and need to stop the moment, but I can't.

Fusion 360 IdeaStation_01.png

bxliu
Contributor

I agree and The "forward" and "play all" looks too similar and if you pressed the wrong one in a large assembly... 😮
Making them look different would help greatly.

please help.jpg

ed
Advocate
Advocate

PLEASE!!!  I have been working on a model and stepping back and forth through a LONG timeline and click, click, mouse drifts off to the side and then PLAY - now I am stuck waiting over a minute for the play to run through.  A stop button or a preference to disable (hide) the play button would be huge.

arthurhobden
Explorer

This request has existed on forums, blogs and this site for almost two years now. This isn't a suggestion, this is a requirement. You dont add a left without a right. A black without a white. A start without a stop. Why The community has to put up with whatever piety that prevents them from finishing this unfinished feature is a big turn off. Fix this. 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

Hey all, no, we have not forgotten about this idea. There are significant technical hurdles we need to get over before we implement any kind of solutions here. One of the things we're reviewing right now is the ability to end a timeline compute in the middle of a playback. A couple of other options we're looking at are: 
1. moving the play button to the center so that it is standard with all playback UI. 

2. provide an option to remove the play button. 

More to come. 

ed
Advocate
Advocate

Even just the option to turn off the button would be a huge help.  This is a BIG headache for many of us.  Please fix it ASAP

bxliu
Contributor

I agree it should be fixed ASAP and in my opinion it is more of a UI issue than a feature issue. That can fixed as easily as changing one of the 2 play button's colour (image sprite) to differentiate them apart.

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

We are currently working on this. We are hoping that it will be done for the April update. 

hoh.alex21
Contributor

I just been waiting almost 20 mins on a model for the playback :)) it's frikin you out, hope you guys get on this soon ^^ 

keqingsong
Community Manager

Good news - this is coming in the April 12 update! 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report