Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

show/noshow feature

show/noshow feature

i want this feature inside Inventor

make parts invisible in the graphics area and make the invisible parts visible in graphics area. It´s hard to find invisible parts in browser. This feature should function during other tools are active so you can do this anytime.

For better understanding you can look at the video.

Alias/MDT/Catia/ThinkDesign has this functionality!!

26 Comments
JamieVJohnson2
Collaborator

Actually, if you go the the view representations, and view, then click on master, you get everything turned on.  However you loose your color overrides in master, that you created in default.  But your hidden item turns on!

jvj

michael_marx
Advocate

I don´t want to view all again. I want do decide which parts are visible again.

MDS-MQ
Advocate

Or you could save a design view when you turn off the parts... That is what you are talking about.

michael_marx
Advocate

No i don´t want go back to the previous view. so this would be the answer with design views.

I want to be able select some parts make them invisible. And then make only 2 of 5 invisble parts visible. And thats what i want to do in the graphic screen not in  the browser tree! This should function like a negative view with the invisible parts to select. 

luca_pinto
Contributor

Hi,

I would like to have the possibility, to put visible the hidden components (solid part/plane/curve / ...), have a new button (blank/unblank) that displaying an environment with all the hidden features. There, I can choose between ALL objects or SELECT objects.

If I choose select, a selection set of the invisible object appears on screen (highlight) and a select the one I want to turn back visible (like to NX).

The buttons could be:

1. Blank selected (select to hide)
  2. Unblank Selected (automatic show the hidden components).
  3. Blank/Unblank: to swap between the two enviroment.
  4. Unblank all

I'm sure that could change our lives!Smiley Wink

michael_marx
Advocate
luca_pinto
Contributor

Thank you Michael for your information, I hope the developer team improve that.

JHus
Community Visitor

Hi,

I have been using various 3D softwares from 1992. But this Inventor 3D is something unbeliveable. They should look at Solid Works...

This Unvisible parts putting into visible is actually very difficult when choosing from browser. I you don't want to put all into visible.

Solid Works has "negative view" ...just click and see what you have there and choose whta parts you want to "transfer" into normal view.

EASY. For Inventor users this is worth to see.

User interface is something mess. Compared again with SolidWorks, there you don't have to jump between top menus etc.

kevingroah
Explorer
Solidworks has a right click menu item "Show hidden components" You just right click in an open area, select "Show Hidden Components" and all the visible ones turn off, and all the hidden ones appear. You just simply click on the ones you want, and they disappear, until you exit the command. They are then shown, no fuss, no muss, no searching the browser, etc. Unbelievable time saver (among many others) PLEASE add it, or show me how, I'm on 2016

I have the same problem, and as an old Catia user, this function really miss in my work !

For example, I work with 300 different parts (piping). I would like to isolate only 15 pipes, so use the function "isolate".

I work and after, I would like to make appears 7 pipes more (connected to the 15 apparent pipes). How can I make that, knowing that I don't know the partnumber of the pipes, so not able to select it in the tree ?

Know I must to appear all of the parts and re-select the pipes that I want to isolate. But the problem is that the assembly is very loud, and it's not an easy thing to select 15 pipes in 300 which cross. This is a big sauerkraut !

With an "hidden parts environment", I just have to see the hidden parts, select which I want to appear, and desactivate the hiding the see them in the main environment...

Fambrosini
Participant

The visibility features are not very fast!
When you hide many objects it's difficult to get them back visible. (The only way is do it via browser or with find in browser !).
I suggest to use some functionalities that allow quick windows parts selection in .iam files, but also the bodies into a .ipt file; especially the opportunity to see what has been hidden ... and restore visibility with a screen selection.

Finally a 'Show all' command is request...

I attach a video that show an example of these functionalities  in AutoCAD with external APP.

Tags (1)
mcgyvr
Consultant

Basically all of that functionality is already in Inventor.. (many just don't know its there)

Its handled under design view representations/edit included components..

Try this..

Open an assembly..

Window select some components and right click and select visible to hide them..

Then right click on the current active design view rep and select "edit included components"

There you can toggle between view excluded, view included and view all..

If you go to "view excluded" then you can click on anything you want to be visible again.. 

In addition to that you can right click on a view rep and select "All Visible" to turn everything back on again..

Or "All Hidden" and then edit included components to pick only the items you want visible.. 

Josh_Hunt
Advocate

You also may want to try ISOLATE. 

1. Select only objects you want to see.
  2. Right-click > ISOLATE
  3. Do things
  4. Right-click > Undo Isolate (Really important to do this before saving)
DRoam
Mentor

Ok I'm going crazy here... I've used "edit included components" many times before and it's great for doing that the OP described, but when I went to use it just now it's not there... I'm using Inventor 2017 R2. Is it just me? Am I forgetting something? ...

No Edit Included Components.png

Fambrosini
Participant
Thank mcgyvr, your tip it's ok, but when I have a lot of components in hide situation, there is not a 'windows selection'...and I must click on every instance.

Furthermore 'edit include...' is only in .iam enviroment, I would like also in .ipt to work better with multibodies tool and with surfaces ! 

Maybe a new Ideas should be:

- Add a windows selection and a 'select all' in right click mouse button inside the 'Edit include components' command

- Add same functionality in Part enviroment.

thank's

bye

Andrew2803
Advocate

Hi @DRoam;

Is your assy fully loaded? Cause I'm on the same version as you know, and I see "Edit Include Components".

strange.jpg

luca_pinto
Contributor
paul
Advocate
I agree that the Visibility feature is behind time - i think that for large assemblies, Inventor should reach over and borrow some revit features.
Josh_Hunt
Advocate

Please close this idea and vote for this one because it already has higher votes.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/show-noshow-feature/idi-p/3796213

Josh_Hunt
Advocate

Please close this idea and vote for this one because it already has higher votes.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/show-noshow-feature/idi-p/3796213

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report