Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List changes after update drawing

List changes after update drawing

When you change a part of assembly and you update the drawing, Inventor automaticly removes some of the annotations like dimensions etc. Not all the annotations are removed, some are marked purple. I find this very unprofessional, it would be better to let all annotiatons in place and list all changes in a list box ( Solid Edge does this). Then give the user a choice what to do with them, re-attached them to new edges or delete them.

7 Comments
mikeh7
Collaborator

I gave ya Kudos - but I think it should highlight all, not delete any.  List kind of happens with the design Dr., at least for the broken annotations.

ewiggers
Enthusiast

Thank you for your reply and Kudos.

Agree, Inventor should nog delete any annotations but leave them in place. When we update a drawing we keep the old print at our desk to check all the annotations because Inventor could have deleted some.

When listing I mean a proper list window with filter possibilities, options what to with the changed annotations. But most important should be that Inventor doesn’t delete any! I can’t reproduce a screen shot from Solid Edge because I don’t have a license any more.

mrattray
Advisor

I gave you my vote, some sort of update handler would be genius.

In the mean time, are you aware of this option? This should prevent Inventor from deleting ANY annotations.

Capture.JPG

mikeh7
Collaborator

I wasn't aware of that, so I will fix the Templates, but doesn't help all the existing IDWs as you lose them prior to being able to check this box unless you open w/o updates, flip the switch, then update views.  That's not overly efficient either.

Thanks!

gvtBC2V9
Participant

I also use Solid Edge, and such a list is realy a great help.

inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Inventor product team (Inv.idea review)
inv.ideareview
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report