Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D PDF

3D PDF

The ability to create 3D PDF's from inventor. I don't want to bu publisher just to create a 3D PDF or any other 3rd party application. A lot of customers are requesting this now, and dwf isn't the answer, most people have adobe non-cad and cad users, where as they don't have dwf viewer and cant download it.

30 Comments
cadschup
Contributor

Just do it!

francis.verbeeck
Advocate
I know but Autodesk is only intrested in colecting as mutch monney as they can.
Ther programs ar a mean not a goal!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
steinar.sorem
Advocate
I`m totally agree!

Regards
Steinar Sørem
CAD Administrator
amirrezapakroo
Contributor

Just want to mention that the 3D pdf or save as .u3d or .prc file must contain all the assembly and main tree structure of the source file with same naming system otherwise it will be useless for all peoples who design interactive 3D Pdf files which they are using Javascript programing inside adobe product for their catalogue,

Absolutely inventor users need this option but they have to get same result in their pdf model tree as well...

Look forward to see this ability in next version ... 

3d.jpg

Marco.Takx
Mentor

3D PDF is now added in the whats new of Inventor 2017

1.jpg

steinar.sorem
Advocate

Very happy about that! Thanks Autodesk Smiley LOL

amirrezapakroo
Contributor

Awesome ! its a great help to save lots of time and customers as well ?Smiley Very Happy

is there any chance to try it on 2016 now before getting final 2017 release ? maybe by kind of separate add in or update for 2016 ?

francis.verbeeck
Advocate

Halelouia !!!

it was about time👍

They have answerd our request.

My clients will be happy. 

Francis verbeeck

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2017. Special thanks to everyone who cast a vote for it.

ToddPig
Collaborator

It would be great if they made sure creating 3D PDF's worked before they marked it as "Implemented"  this feature is incredibly slow, and somewhat confusing.  If anybody has ever created a 3D PDF in Solidworks, then you will know what I'm talking about.  File, Save As, change file type to 3D PDF.... Done!

It's easier to export my entire assembly to Solidworks via Parasolid, then save as 3D PDF.

Inventor's moto should be "If they can do it, we can do it slower!"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report