Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESC key stop operation

ESC key stop operation

the ability to stop all operations/calculations with ESC key instead of killing the inventor.exe process! 

30 Comments
fprico
Collaborator

- Shell

- loft

- Autocad import manager

regards.

please also for iLogic!!, now if you are in a loop, you 'll have to kill Inventor, and lose not saved code!!

thanks

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it.

michael_marx
Advocate

Yhuuuuui

First discussed this wish at Bootcamp 2004 in Austria (Salzburg) Smiley Very Happy

WHolzwarth
Mentor

dan.szymanski schrieb:

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016

I'm just stumbling in here. I can't break most processes with ESC in 2016, and I think, in 2017 it's the same situation.

Walter 

cmcconnell
Collaborator

It would be nice if the Cancel happened much quicker and worked for all commands.

jholland3XDLM
Enthusiast

This does not work for endless loops in iLogic.

A test code button would work, so that it runs the code before actually applying it to the part/assembly. It would give any errors, prints, messageBox, etc. while retaining a break or cancel command. 

daryn.bertelsonVJGZ6
Community Visitor

Solution found at long last!  Go to Task Manager, End Task on Inventor, then reopen Inventor and redo all of your work.  Practice makes perfect!

SevInventor
Advocate

ESC has no effect Inventor 2019. please really implement it.

@AutoDesk please let the customers do the acceptance before its called implemented.

Have all the ideas, posts and votes been in vain and a complete waste of time for everyone who tried to make things better?

harvey_craig2RCUH
Participant

I can't believe I'm reading a thread that started 11 years ago where it claim to have been implemented but clearly hasn't. Why is there not a cancel operation button/shortcut yet? It's 2024.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report