Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

improved Bill of Material export functionality

improved Bill of Material export functionality

presently we can export our BOM from an inventor assembly.

we can get a fully structured BOM, all levels,

we can get all parts with total qty of all items,

it would be good to get a flattened BOM with every single item whether an assembly, a weldment or a part, and have the total qty of each required to build the top level assembly.

this would avoid the need to manually handle the spreadsheet after we export it from inventor.

it would also be nice to have this new consolidated flattened BOM to be categorised...

eg, group all the assemblys at the top of the list, then group all weldments next, then group all sheet metal parts next, then all non sheet metal parts next.

then as part of this part grouping, if the parts reside in an inventor library, they can also be grouped if desired.

the BOM export window would have a couple of checkboxes that users could select to have any combination of the above if they desire.

this would be a benefit for some of us and a big time saver i believe.

4 Comments
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Great idea.

As an FYI - a similar parts list grouping/sorting idea exists as: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Parts-List-sorting/idi-p/3687504

JBerns
Advisor

Would including the thumbnail in the export be useful to others? I just had a client ask about the feature. I found utilities that you could purchase, but I thought I would ask the community first.

Regards,

Jerry

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report