Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO break view

ISO break view

In the ISO view below, shouldn't the break line show as broken or jagged like a cut-out; so as not to be mistaken for an actual beak in the part. 

Capture.JPG

9 Comments
timdown73
Collaborator

Break not "beak" sorry.

Paul-Mason
Collaborator

Correct representation of a cup & scoket in a shortened veiw prospetive and isometriv view instead of a stright line, as is current

DRoam
Mentor

Can you post a screenshot of two of what you're describing?

Paul-Mason
Collaborator

Here's the screen shots. The first is what inventor produces in and IDW when creating a shortened view, the second is by creating and editing an ipt in a foreshortened way to produce a representation of what I'm suggesting a shortened view should look like in an an IDW, as can be seen in the first screen shot it looks like two separate parts, where the break is should be either cup and socket or zigzagged as in the second screen shot

Z420 Screen Shot 21-05-16.PNG

Z420 Screen Shot 21-05-16 003.PNG

DRoam
Mentor

Ahh, I see what you're saying. If I make a Break in an orthographic view, and then make an isometric Projected view from that view, the break displays as a plain gap between "pieces" in the Projected view, when it should display a jagged or S-shape break between both "pieces". I agree, this should be fixed.

FYI, there is a similar idea here which you might want to vote for: ISO break view

Paul-Mason
Collaborator

As you say in an ISO view this failure to show a cut/discontinued view can cause problems. I've also posed a similar suggestion to yours here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/representation-of-a-cup-and-scoket-in-a-shortened-veiw/... Good to see I'm not alone in this chain of thought

Paul-Mason
Collaborator

@DRoam thanks for sharing the link been there and expressed my support

Nate1985
Participant

Hi

Has this ever been fixed in any newer versions?

Kind regards

Yijiang.Cai
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Thank you posting this idea to us, and tracked as [INVGEN-68184]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report