Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Select Surfaces in Thicken Command

Window Select Surfaces in Thicken Command

It would be nice to be able to window select surfaces for use with the Thicken command. When shell fails, I need to resort to thickening individual faces. This is a laborious task when 100's of faces are involved

4 Comments
SteveMDennis
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Offset and Thicken use the same dialog so we need to do both [US4619]
dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted
Accepted idea [US4619]. Thanks!
petestrycharske
Advisor

Can we also extend this functionality to include the "Delete Face" Command?  I ran across a scenario recently with some complex geometry for a mold and had to deconstruct some solid geometry to get to the cavity and runners for the mold.  I tried to use the combine, derive - subtract an assembly, and copy objects tools, but couldn't get those to go.  Similar to MattH, I found it time consuming  to have to pick individual surfaces until I could eliminate enough surfaces to use the lump selection option for "Delete Faces".  If this should be posted under a different idea, please let me know and I can do that.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed night!

Peace,

Pete

dan_szymanski
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2016. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report