cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support to pre-fill create forms via HTTP url parameters

Support to pre-fill create forms via HTTP url parameters

Hi,

It would be geatly benefitial if there was a way to pass a parameter automatically to a form when creating a new item via the URL? For example the following URL is currently used to go directly to the form to create a new item;

https://<NAME>.autodeskplm360.net/createItem.do?dmsID=&workspaceID=77

Lets say that I have a field called 'TITLE'. I would like to be able to automatically populate the field using an URL parameter like this;

https://<NAME>.autodeskplm360.net/createItem.do?dmsID=&workspaceID=77&TITLE=test

The following  is a usage case for this functionality;

I'm creating a workspace to allow sales managers to submit RFCQs (Request For Customisation Quotation) to the engineering department. When the sales manager goes to create an RFCQ he does so by clicking on a shortcut that brings him directly to the form for a new RFCQ in PLM;

https://<NAME>.autodeskplm360.net/createItem.do?dmsID=&workspaceID=77

The sales managers are required to fill in fields on the form such as 'Customer', 'Sales Region', 'Industry Type' etc. However some of these fields (like 'Sales Region' will always be the same for each sales manager. So I want to give them a shortcut that links them a new RFCQ where the 'Sales Region' field is already filled in to match their personal requirement. Some other fields like 'Customer' should default to the largest customer for that region.

The functionality allows us to embed 'smart' hyperlinks from within other enterprise systems that open up new forms in PLM that are pre-populated with the correct information. We already use this to great effect with SAP and some other web-based applications we use.

• The API is not useful in this case as we don't necessarily want to create an item - we just want to open the web form to create a new item with pre-filled information. 
  • The 'default values' cannot be used as they will differ depending on user
  • The create behaviour script cannot be used as it will not pre-populate the form and will be a difficult script to maintain

David

3 Comments
nguyentru
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration
Hi David, We appreciate your idea submission. We will review this and add to our future enhancement list. thank you, Trung
benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report