cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actions based on Time

Actions based on Time

Hello Team,

Currently the tool is not offering the possibility to automatically perform an action on a specific time.

In our product launch management, we need to have an e-mail sent on the release of the product but we don't want to manually do it or change a workflow to a status which will then trigger the e-mail notification. 

We will also need the tool, based on a calculated dates to kick of some workflows and this is not something we can actually do in PLM360.

Is Time based actions something that PLM360 will offer soon? This is a major concern for the implementation of PLM360 within our processes and could prevent some parts of our process to be moved over.

Based on our current usage of PLM360, the overall time management should be something more explored in next updates of the product

Thanks

Sergio

8 Comments
jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review
Sergio, Thank you for the great idea! For this feature, would it be OK for the action(s) to run nightly? I'm considering a feature where you could assign a script to a WF state that runs nightly... Imagine you could relate a script to a workflow state, such that each night all workspace items at that state run this script. You could decide within each script logical conditions based on date/time, values, etc. the effects on each item at run-time. Do think this approach would get you the desired results you need? -Jared
NPIADMIN
Contributor

Hi Jared,

This solution should work for us, but we would need to know more about timing of action.

Actually, which time zone would be used to perform the action?

Could we have it run at different time zones? Could we choose which ones? What flexibility will be made availlable to users?

Could we do it at multiple times a day (3 time zones) current ADSK synchs to other system happens at midnight CET,PST and Singapore time is this something that PLM can support?

From our stand point, and if action can be done once only per day, we would preferably have it performed at midnight EST time but some other end users might prefer another timezone based on the nature of their work and the collaboration they have with global teams.

Let me know if this helps and if you need any further details.

Thanks

Sergio

jared.sund
Alumni

Yeah, I think a long term goal here would be to have a job scheduler that is configured as needed.  Maybe something similar to the scheduler in Windows.  To get something out sooner than later, I'll think we'll like focus on something that would just run nightly (say around midnight EST).

jared.sund
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

obourne
Advocate

Good idea.

I'd like to be able to use a "scheduled" report that will provide a summary of all "open" tasks and send out a daily email summary/status to managers and task owners.

jonas.andersson
Contributor

Hey, I would like the possiblility to be reminded by an email notification based on time, such as a deadline coming up.

/Jonas

sten
Advocate

Ill give this request some kudos, but would like to reference my request for possible implmentation ideas.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/PLM-360-IdeaStation/Use-escalation-to-run-script-at-fixed-intervals/id...

aaron.tw
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report