Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Network Licensing by User vs ADMS

Direct Network Licensing by User vs ADMS

It would allow for greater control if the licensing for Vault worked like the licensing for the rest of the product line.  Vault licenses should be checked out by the user instead of the ADMS.  There's lots of questions about finding out who has a Vault license, or limiting licenses.  But that is not possible at this time. 

13 Comments
dvsmiller9
Advocate

Add the ability to split licenses into groups.  I would like to reserve a certain number of seats for my CAD group and allow the remainder to be shared among the rest of the company.  This would prevent the heaviest users from being locked out by casual users who may log on to perform a 30 second review but not log out.

Tags (2)
TravisNave
Mentor

You can do this with an adskflex.opt options file.  I have a whole KB article about this in my Signature line.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Managing-the-adskflex-opt-Options-File/td-p/307...

Note that this may not necessarily work for Vault since the ADMS checks out the license.  So in fact, your idea should really be implemented. 

dvsmiller9
Advocate
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Thanks dmiller for posting this idea. We will review our licensing features for future product enhancements.
ihayesjr
Community Manager

Travis is correct.  While we can do this in the options file for desktop CAD products, we are unable to do this with the Vault product.

jparks_79
Collaborator

I belive anyone who has had to trackdown who has a license checked out by visting several offices and buildings would appreciate this enhancement

ihayesjr
Community Manager

jeamy.baena
Advocate

We need this feature, ASAP!!

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented with Vault 2016.

TravisNave
Mentor

Has this actually been implemented for 2016?  @DarrenP?

DarrenP
Consultant

yes this actually was for 2016 vault

you can now reserve a vault license using an options file and also shows on the status inquiry who checked out a vault license not just machine name it gives the username also

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report