Vault IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team
11 Kudos
alundr

Migration Utility for released items to current version of Inventor

by Active Contributor alundr on ‎12-19-2012 06:35 AM

If I have an item released and I want to migrate it to my current version of inventor, I have to change the state to Work In Progress, check the file out, save it, check it back in, update the item in item master, and finally re-release the item.  Currently my company has about 200,000 items in our item master, so doing this manually is not an option.  Can we get a utility that will do all 6 of these steps automatically?

Comments
by Valued Contributor tmoney2007 on ‎01-07-2014 10:36 AM

Vault DOES require files to be migrated, even if they aren't being edited.  Vault can only manage file relationships for files of the same or 2 prior releases.  This means that if you have a 2013 vault and it contains 2010 files, if you move those files within the vault and try to update file relationships, it will fail.

Migration tools for Vault are seriously lacking.  I can't even get the migrate task to work on more than about 500 files at a time, which is completely inadequate when the vault has hundreds of thousands of files in it.

by Board Manager on ‎01-28-2014 09:20 AM

With the recent Vault Subscription Update for 2014, files in Inventor are no longer required to be migrated to the latest release of Inventor.  Inventor will migrate them in memory however they do not need to be checked in if they are not modified.

by Board Manager on ‎01-28-2014 09:21 AM
Status changed to: Solution Provided

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count