Vault IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team
3 Kudos
cbenner

Edit Properties Flexibility.

by *Expert Elite* on ‎12-12-2012 07:26 AM

I would like to have the ability to set up a pre selected list of properties to edit for a specific object type in Vault Pro.  For example, if I select a File and choose Edit Properties, the edit window would open with a specific list of editable properties. If I select, however, a Custom Object and choose Edit Properties the edit window would open with a different list of editable properties for that object type.  Right now, the only way to do this is with the properties grid.  I have to search through a massive list of system and user properties, highlight the ones I want and choose Edit Selected Properties.  I have to do this for each individual object that I want to edit.

Comments
by Valued Mentor on ‎12-12-2012 07:28 AM

You can edit mulitple properties on mulitple documents in one step.  Select all of the documents, then pre-select the properties.....  then select 'Edit Selected Properties'.

by Employee on ‎12-20-2012 04:56 AM

There are some apps that you should take a look at.

DECO lets you create your own edit window for Custom Object properties.

http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/blog/2012/07/deco-custom-ui-without-custom-code.html

Reitec.Vault.Datasheet lets you create your own edit window for file properties.

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/VLTC/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3areitecvaultd...

by Valued Contributor tmoney2007 on ‎02-07-2013 08:12 PM

This should be default functionality.  Along with multi-select lists for properties and linked lists between fields.

Basically, let someone create a property entry form.

by Board Manager on ‎02-11-2013 11:25 AM
Status changed to: Future Consideration

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count