Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Pro Item Master props sync with File store props.

Vault Pro Item Master props sync with File store props.

Currently, so I am told, there is no integration between Item properties and those in File Store on the same object.

Example:  A file in File Store is at Revision 0, you assign it to an Item in the Item Master.  In Item Master change the revision (manually or through an ECO or Lifecycle change), and push that revision out to the CAD file (idw or ipt etc).  Make changes to the CAD file, save and check back in to Vault.  The file in File Store is still at Rev 0, though the ITEM is at Rev 1.

Linked with this, the Vault Revision Table.... pulls it's Revision value from the File Store value... so if it's not in sync with Item Master... it becomes a useless tool.

7 Comments
cbenner
Mentor

Reseller tried to help me with this today and suggested that this may be a bug.  I intend to log a service call on subscription site, and try to get this resolved.

joerituijn
Advocate

This does not happen on my site. The item revision is pushed back into the file. When the file is opened and properties are synchronized, the revision updates as expected to match the item revision. Did you check the 'push direction' in your settings?

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted
cbenner, Did you get this resolved?
cbenner
Mentor

Revision only allows push in one direction... Out.  I guess I need more info on how this is supposed to work.

tmoney2007
Collaborator

All properties of the file should be available through the item.  If the item master is really supposed to be the place to do integrations, this is a very important feature.  As it stands, items are really only good for making the BOM available through the API.

cbenner
Mentor

This is still a major issue, though now I understand the how a little better.  What I don't get is the why.  REVISION, is a one way street.  You cannot map Revision between File and Item.  You need to decide where you are controlling your revisions; either through File Lifecycle or Item Lifecycle.  Using ECO's and Autocad Electricla projects forces a lot of user's hands into using Item lifecycle.  And this is fine, except that the Vault Revision Table STILL only uses the File Revision, and will not allow the use of a UDP in it's place.

There are several Ideas in this forum to this effect, telling me that I am not the only one being hamstrung by this problem.  Short of some magical semi-auto workarounds (which I've been able to come up with for Inventor but not Autocad), it looks like if I want to continue to use Item Master (which is a must since we now use ECO'S), I am back to manually placein Rev Tables on the drawings and filling in text or atttributes that match the Vault... or at least I hope they do.  This opens the door to so much human error.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report