Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting BOM directly from IAM without using item.

Exporting BOM directly from IAM without using item.

Can you add the possibility to export he BOM of an assembly without using items?

All is present in the databse in order to do that (the BOMBlob is storing all information in order to perform this operation).

Thanks in advance.

4 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted
If you are exporting the BOM without the use of an Item, what format should the export be in and what would you be importing it into?
xavier_dumont1
Collaborator

Hi,

Thanks for tacking time for this request.

In fact, we have many customers who are using FileLifeCycle + items. The items are just here to export the BOM to an ERP (we develop a tools who is exporting newly released item into a specific folder and the ERP Reseller develop a tools to import it into is ERP). But item are to heavy to use in my opinion just as a tools to transfer to ERP (too many steps).

A new Tab who will show the BOM of the selected assembly will be a good tools I think.

Then I think the best format is XML or DWF (ZIP with XML file into it). CSV why not but not 100% necessary.

The most important is to have a file that can be handle easily with a macro after exporting. If a post-exporting action can be configured, I think it's a plus.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Michel.Brun
Enthusiast

Hello,

there are different small Apps available on the AutodeskAppStore.

I've personnaly tested some of them. And some of them works good.

The need of our company was too specific and that's the reason why I've done a macro. You can find a lot of macros and helps on the forum to get the BOM directly from the iam.

Now it looks like below (we do use an export to excel, but csv is also possible):

But of course, a fully integrated tool would be perfect. I agree...

1111.JPG222.JPG

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report