Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Explorer default folder

Vault Explorer default folder

I would like to be able to choose a default folder that vault goes to when I start VE.  Make this a setting for each client maybe under Tools>Options.

10 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review
Kirk, thank you for posting this idea. Do you or your users use the My Shortcuts feature.
karthur1
Mentor

Irvin,

Yes, we also use the My Shortcuts.  It would just be nice if it would go to a default folder, other than the topmost "Vault" folder.

Dave_SSDD9000
Contributor

Okay, so there is no solution to this problem. Now I am left wondering how and why someone at Autodesk thought it would be a neat idea to NOT open Vault to the root folder, and in doing so, not give users the option to select a location for Vault to open to. It boggles the mind...

Oh well, thanks for your time.

john.laidler
Advisor

This would be a great addition, but I doubt you'd see it in the 'basic' Vault.

karthur1
Mentor

I would be disappointed if it was not in Vault Basic cause that is what I use. Smiley Happy

mthomas
Collaborator

Even a toggle to restore the last viewed location would be a nice addition, similar to how I have my Google Chrome configured. That when when I start Vault it would be at the location where I was last at

ggoodey
Enthusiast

At least get rid of the "New in 2013!/Autodesk Vault 2013 Family of Products..." etc. screen

Using Vault Collaboration 2013

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Vault-2012-opening-screen/td-p/3130922/highlight/false

olearya
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This is implemented. When you start the Client it goes into the last used folder now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report