Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical interface for configuring lifecycle states

Graphical interface for configuring lifecycle states

When creating and working with lifecycle states, I want to be an environment like this...

PLM-LCeditor.png

Something with boxes and arrows that I can drag around.  I graphical approach like this is easier to work with and provide an easy way to see how files get routed through the entire lifecycle.

26 Comments
xavier_dumont2
Collaborator

This is a good idea for a demo purpose. But actually for the all day life, the classic interface works. I think there are so many other things to improve. But it's my opinion.

scottmoyse
Mentor

I think thats a great idea, but more like the HTML 5 workflow editor in PLM 360 instead of the lifecycle one. The PLM 360 Lifecycle editor is as clunky as it could be. I think its really important for the end user to have a visualisation of the workflow built in as part of the product, which is also the control mechanism for the workflow/lifecycle itself.

I know there's a Vault add-in which creates a tab with a visualisation grid but its limited and not where near as swanky as the PLM 360 HTML5 workflow editor.

sathersc23
Advocate

We use the Item/ECO processes.... but this would be fantastic to modify those.

Unfortunately we have way too much legacy data to switch systems, and no time to rebuild.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

RyanHou
Alumni

We just release WeShining Visual Lifecycle Editor to Autodesk Exchange App Store. It's a simple but powerful tool which allows to create or edit lifecycle definition visually. More than that, you can save it into Vault directly or export it for future projects. Not sure whether this meets your requirement. 

You can find it : http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/VLTC/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aweshining...

tray1
Enthusiast

I'd really like to see this being configured the same way as PLM360. a HTML5 area to drop workflow onto and connect between states visually.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

iancross
Advocate

I would like to see a graphical interface for configuring lifecycle states, where you can simply drag an arrow to allow files in that transition, not having to click on every state transition and allow or deny.

Where you can drag and drop groups into states, again eliminating the need for clicking on every state and transition.

I believe Doug Redmond posted a similar post back in 2012 but it was never progressed.

Thanks

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

YounesYammouri
Community Manager

tschaeferZNBXX
Advisor

It would be nice to have a graphic similar to the Change Order List to see how a lifecycle looks versus' just wording.  Sometimes it is difficulte to understand how a document moves through it's lifecycle.  Also would be nice to have a list of roles that can do certain functions. 

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

YounesYammouri
Community Manager

michael.callahan
Participant

I used this very interface in Solidworks EPDM  2 years ago. This is how we set up our WorkFlows (Life Cycles) by a graphical interface. It was GREAT! And I miss it working with Autodesk Vault for another company. 

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

OlivierSIMON7524
Advocate

Hello,

I would be fine if the admin can see the lifecylcle like a flow chart.

Alriddin
Advocate

Add the ability to configure lifecycles and revision control graphically, using flowcharts and diagrams. This should supplement the already existing ability to configure in a tabular editor. Include the permissions and revision controls as well. 

OlivierSIMON7524
Advocate

Bonjour,

Les cycles de vie deviennent vite complexes, il faudrait pouvoir les visualiser sous forme de logigramme. Cela manque cruellement pour administrer correctement Vault.

Cordialement, 

English Translation

Visualization of life cycles
Hello,

The life cycles quickly become complex, it would be necessary to be able to visualize them in the form of logigram. This is sorely lacking to properly administer Vault.

Regards,

OlivierSIMON7524
Advocate

Bonjour,

Je ne comprends pas bien la discussion. Il existe un outil ou pas de visualisation ? C’était une demande prise en compte en 2013, nous sommes en 2019 ?

Cordialement,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report