Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Based ADMS

Web Based ADMS

It would be great to have a web based ADMS console. This would help companies where ITdoesnt let anyone have remote access to servers.
10 Comments
gerhick
Advocate

Genius idea! This would solve SO many problems in my workplace...

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

jeamy.baena
Advocate

Excellent idea, I need this feature ASAP!

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

tmoney2007
Collaborator

This is the kind of thing that needs to be taken care of to make this truly an enterprise tool.

axi92
Contributor

That would be great!

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Neil_Cross
Mentor

I started out saying this was a great idea, but deleted it all and completely re-wrote this.  I'm not so sure.

This is only my personal opinion, but I don't think a web based ADMS will address the wider issue raised in the above post.  And I don't believe it's Autodesk's responsibility to resolve internal company trust issues.  If someone is only needing to check logs and do basic tasks then this would be ideal, but it won't really help non-I.T personnel better manage and maintain Vault.  To properly remedy most day to day Vault problems i.e. connectivity issues, you really do need full server access as the majority of problems are outside of the scope of ADMS console.

Secondly, I personally wouldn't feel entirely comfortable executing tasks via a web based ADMS that directly manipulate SQL & IIS etc.  If the web based ADMS can delete/create Vaults, remove libraries, degrag databases, move filestores etc but then something went wrong... you'd be stuck.  I feel 100% comfortable doing that whilst on the server as I can immediately go into IIS/SQL/Event Viewer etc and check or fix something, you likely can't do any of that via a web based ADMS. 

It's a tricky one.  I wouldn't want to directly modify IIS and/or SQL via a web client, but then if you can't do most of what can be done in the original ADMS, it would render it fairly useless.  A good idea in theory but would require careful implementation. 

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report