Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create New Roles and/or Modify Permissions

Create New Roles and/or Modify Permissions

You can only select roles which has certain permissions, but you cannot assign a certain permission to a role.

It may be more flexible if you can create new roles and add permissions, or modify existing role permissions with UI (something like a spreadsheet format and able to change settings by clicking)

30 Comments
pablo_victor
Contributor

I hope It does really change.

It is really frustrating you can't modify the default autodesk permissions by role.

dominik.gleinser
Advocate

The possibility to create custom roles would be a great help to administrate de permissions within vault.

A  lot of customers and their IT-users are asking for such a way.

Thanks for the idea

dominik.gleinser
Advocate

Thank you for the irdea--here my role examples:

• Role1: everythin from "document consumer"
  • Role 2: everything from "document-Editor (Level 1)" WITHOUT the permission for "overwrite file Status" and "create Folder". A lot of customers will not allow users (engineers) to create Folders, but they Need other permissions of this role.
  • Role 3: everything from "document-edotio (level2)" WITHOUT
    • "delete folder"
    • "rename Folder"
    • "delete Milestone"
  • Role 4: a separate role with permissions for
    • "delete files"
    • "delete Folders"

The best solution would be a possibility for creating custom roles. So maybe it could be possible to delete the Funktion "roles" and replace it with "permissions" and in this tap we can find all permissions which are nowadays within roles (=grouped permissions). For users and Groups it is than possible to add several permissions instead of roles! In this case it is variable for customers.

Thank you

Chris-strickland
Contributor

Can we have a table- tick list to show all permissions of all roles in one view. Like a feature table on modem apps. this would make it clearer which roles have which permissions and allow us to quickly decide which roles to assign to users or groups.

This UI concept could be extended into the suggestion here by allowing the admin to change the values in the table.

Some examples of the kind of table i'm referring to:

https://evernote.com/pricing/

https://products.office.com/en-gb/business/compare-office-365-for-business-plans

Roles would be across the top, and permissions down the side.

Thanks!

grzjoh18
Advocate

Hello, it's nice to have some new roles for administrator but one important role is missing!
I do need a additional role for administrator let us call it Administrator "light", this role should allow to add/remove User or create new users and add this users to existing user groups.

Administrator "light" should have no permission to do any changes on Lifecycle or change user group permissions, no Property mapping or do any changes on number schemes.

Tags (1)
dominik.gleinser
Advocate

Hallo Vault Team,

are ther any news regarding the web-meeting we have seen with Autodesk in April?

Within the meeting we heared that the "Custom Roles Manager"/"Roles Management" should be released with Autodesk Vault version 2019 and maybe it could be possible to get this manager as a separate installation also for Autodesk Vault 2018.

Are ther any news?

- a preliminary version for autodesk Vault 2018 and maybe 2017?

- release date for 2019?

- Other simple possibilieties to modify the roles until the custom role manager is released

Thanks and best regards

dominik

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Vault product team
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

RajSchmidt
Collaborator

I am not happy about the rights for changing categories and lifecycle definitions and state. It concerns practically all objects - folders, files, items, etc. Since the category is such a fundamental property I would like to separate it from the other two.

So far both rights are attached to the editor level 2. If I take away a user’s right for category changes he will not be able to perform a lifecycle transition.

I would like to separate these rights.

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This capability has been implemented in Vault Workgroup and Professional 2019.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report