New Idea
70 Kudos
eseich21

Favorites holes

by eseich21 on ‎04-23-2013 10:49 PM

nomally Kinds of holes size and types are defined.

so if i have my pre-definded list or my favorie hole list, it will be faster to make holes.

Accepted idea [US18459]. Thanks!
70 Kudos

Hello When you create, you can choose constraint to the midpoint of the line, and when you put dimension is impossible. Why not do it for dimension.

Безымянный47.jpg

Безымянный48.jpg

69 Kudos

In 2014 the Bill of Material Command was moved to the Manage Tab.  This command is used too heavily to be moved to a non primary Ribbon Tab.  Now if you added the ability to start the command from the RMB when no components are active I would have accepted that, but its not there either.  Now a user has to add it to their QAT or Customize the Marking Menu to get this very commonly used tool back.  This was a regression in 2014 for usability.

68 Kudos

Here's one that I've had requests for several times.

You have an assembly view on a drawing and place a parts list for that view.  Now, you want to place several base views of individual parts for detailing.  Along with each part view, you want the corresponding item number from the parts list.

I know you can edit the view label to include model properties, such as the part name, material, etc, but there's no way to link the item number from the parts list to that part.  It would be nice to link that part to the corresponding item number in the parts list and if the parts list is renumbered, the item numbers associated with each part view would update accordingly.

I've tried placing a balloon and selecting the individual part, but it will only use "1" as the item number, since it is just a component and not an assembly.  Perhaps, when adding a balloon to a part like this, you could select the parts list that you want to reference.  Many times, you may have several sheets of details and still want the item numbers to reference the parts list on sheet 1, where the main assembly view and parts list is located.

Accepted idea [US14620]. Thanks!

66 Kudos
fsanchou

Use the same color for icons in dialogs box

by Active Contributor fsanchou on ‎09-12-2013 01:17 AM

Icon_color.png

65 Kudos
ljordan

Replace Sketch References

by ljordan on ‎02-04-2014 08:05 AM

When there is a lost reference (projected geometry), I would like the option to replace it.

Right now, you have to delete it, select new one, AND then reconstrain.

For the picture below (just to simulate my complaint), I modeled a box, and then created a cut extrusion through it (the circle).  After doing so, I decided to split the box in half, making upper half a solid body, and the lower half a separate solid body. The lost reference is in magenta.

I understand that the reference rightfully is lost, but I want to be able to repair it. Yes, this particular model would be an easy fix, but complex parts could be a pain, ESPECIALLY in top down modeling where there is lots of referencing going on.

Lost Reference.JPG

64 Kudos
Oesh01

Application Option Toggle for Command Dialog Box Appearance

by Oesh01 ‎02-27-2014 12:29 PM - edited ‎02-27-2014 12:37 PM

Allow the end user to decide what method to use for data entry when executing a command... for example, the "Extrude" command does not need both the traditional dialog box and the Mini-Toolbar.  Let the end user decide by placing an option in the "Application Options" within the program. 

Again, both of these are not needed and honestly make the program seem cumbersome.  Please finish implementing the Mini-Toolbars so that this option is available for your end users. 

Command Dialog Box.png

64 Kudos
Curtis_Waguespack

Add an Alignment or Orientation Setting to the Circular Pattern tool

by *Expert Elite* ‎04-01-2013 09:54 AM - edited ‎04-01-2013 09:58 AM

Currently, we must use the Rectangular Pattern tool to create a circular pattern if the orientation of the patterned feature is not meant to rotate.

Using the Rectangular Pattern tool for a circular pattern is not discoverable to new users leaving many of them to conclude that this is a limitation of Inventor. Additionally, the selections required to do this in rectangular pattern are a bit involved for the user who only finds the need to do this occasionally.

Adding an option to the Circular Pattern tool would help.

Related post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Cutting-slots-and-maintaining-orientation/td-p/38198...

Autodesk Inventor Pattern.png

Accepted idea [US16752]. Thanks!
62 Kudos
ian

'S' shaped broken view for shafts

by ian on ‎03-01-2013 12:54 AM

When creating a broken view on a long shaft, the two options available are Rectangular or Structural which is fine for rectangular shaped parts, but would be nice to have an option to create the 'S' shaped broken view for round parts like long round shafts, see attachment

Accepted idea [US17008]. Thanks!
61 Kudos
jamjumpin

Permanently open parameters window.

by Valued Contributor jamjumpin on ‎02-04-2013 09:12 AM

It annoys me that I cannot work on my model with the parameters window open all the time. 
I don’t know if there a reason for this on the coding end, but I would like to have it open on a second monitor so I can see all the names of my parameters and edit them on the fly.

Accepted idea [US14391]. Thanks!
61 Kudos

There needs to be a setting in the sketch portion of the application options that prevents the viewing plane when starting a new sketch from rotating 180°.  This is very annoying when the view you are picking and wanting to sketch to is rotated.

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2015. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it. Two new settings have been added to the Application Options - Display tab: 1) Perform Minimum Rotation rotates the sketch at a minimum angle to make the sketch plane parallel with the screen and make the X axis of the sketch coordinate system horizontal or vertical. 2) Align with Local Coordinate System orients the X axis of the sketch coordinate system horizontally/right positive, and the Y axis vertically/up positive. Please be sure to check this out in Autodesk Inventor 2015. Thanks!
61 Kudos
BryanKelley

Standard Tap Depth

by Employee on ‎10-31-2012 01:25 PM

I would like to have Tapped Holes follow each Standard for the Tap Depth rather than relying upon user knowledge.

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2015. Special thanks to everyone who cast your Kudo for it. Enhancements have been made within the Modeling environments, when creating holes, to default to the thread and hole depth values specified within the updated thread.xls file. Please be sure to check this out in Autodesk Inventor 2015. Thanks!
60 Kudos
mrattray

Open part directly from parts list

by *Expert Elite* on ‎02-14-2013 12:40 PM

I often build custom one-off weldments with 100-150+ unique parts. When I check my parts list for errors and omissions I almost always find a part which I forgot to populate with custom properties. Right now I'm looking at a line item in my parts list and the only thing I know about it is it's made of 316L stainless steel. That only narrows it down to a field of around 90 unique parts.

I think it would be slick if I could simply right click on that line item in my parts list and click an open option bringing me directly to where I need to be to add the neccessary information for this part saving me some very valuable time. This would be very simple to add since, obviously Inventor already knows what this part is.

Accepted idea [US14720]. Thanks!
59 Kudos

Please add a separate visibility switch as shown below.  Sometimes I need it on and sometime I need it off; if I need it off I have to go into the text menu and clear out the second property (A click fest that gets old by the second time).    Thanks!

Capture.JPG

57 Kudos
filso

Structural detailing in frame generator

by filso on ‎11-24-2013 10:39 PM

It would be truly helpful to have the possibility to insert standard bolted connections to models within frame generator. I know that there is software like Tekla structures and Autodesk structual detailing, but you don't have to design whole buildings before it is necessary to use bolted connections. Most smaller scale structures needs to be shipped in containers and assembled on site. 

structual detailing sample.png

56 Kudos

We require the ability to disable (wiithout ability for users to bypass) all Autodesk 360 cloud features. This is a security risk for my industry and would not be allowed per government regulations.

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2015. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it. Enhancements were made within the Inventor 2015 Installer so that Autodesk 360 is available as a shared component. It can be deselected to prevent its installation, or it can be installed in a disabled state, to be enabled later. Please be sure to check this out in Autodesk Inventor 2015. Thanks!
56 Kudos
-niels-

Bring the presentation environment up to speed

by *Expert Elite* on ‎03-14-2013 08:29 AM

Currently the ipn environment feels somewhat out of date, so here are some points i think could be improved:

1. Better design view / representation support
  2. Better selection options (like already posted window select idea)
  3. Folders for tweaks
  4. Folders from assembly remain
  5. Better / Custom trail editing

Clarification:

1. Currently you can only access the representations upon creation, if you want to change this afterwards you have to start over.
  2. There already was an idea for window select, that would be a good improvement.
  3. Grouping tweaks together in a folder to represent certain area's of the explosion.
  4. If an assembly already contains folders they should remain and perhaps even be selectable for tweaking all contained parts at once.
  5. Trails are made from the tweaks, but they often have a wrong/unusual starting point on a part. Being able to choose a start point/endpoint or making a trail line out of scratch would be nice.

Kind regards,

Niels.

Hello Niels,

This idea has been Accepted [US17331]. Thanks!

#2 is a duplicate idea (below is the master): http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Window-Select-in-Presentations/idi-p/3684114

#3 & #4 are duplicate ideas (below is the master): http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Presesntation-Evironment-Browser-Use-Assembly-Bro...

As for #5 I would suggest you author a new individual Idea on the idea station. It is best not to nest ideas beneath a master idea as it is difficult to quantify the need (kudos) when sub-workflows / functions exist. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Dan

56 Kudos

Currently (Inventor 2013), if I select a view to align to another view, I can only align it to one view, either Horizontally or Vertically, but what if I want to align that view to one Horizontally and then to another Vertically?

You can't do that for some strange reason still.

I'm not talking about Protjecting views, every now and then I need to create a drawing of different models on the same sheet and would like to have the views all lined up with one another. That's not possible yet for some odd reason.

This should be pretty easy to add. Am I missing something?

Accepted idea [US17075 & US17076]. Thanks!

56 Kudos
jrhymes

Double Click Balloon to Access Part Properties

by Active Contributor jrhymes on ‎08-21-2013 08:03 AM

The more I move fully into Inventor the more I miss some of the little things that made MDT so quick for me. One of them I really wish was added is when you double click on a balloon it would bring up what the balloon references like it did in MDT. It would also be nice to be able to edit some iProperies like Comments/Notes for that part in the dialog. See Image

Balloon.JPG

56 Kudos
matteo.pallaroni

Ballooning inside IPN

by matteo.pallaroni on ‎11-07-2013 08:57 AM

With few effort you could really make the IPN better than Publisher; why not starting with the capability to apply 3d annotations like Balloons?

ipn balloons.jpg

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube