New Idea
28 Kudos
LukeDavenport

Split quantity between balloons

by Contributor LukeDavenport on ‎06-11-2014 07:15 AM

I've had this request 4 or 5 times from various customers. Apparently Solidworks (excuse me) allows you to split 10 bolts on an assembly into two balloons of quantities 4 and 6, or three balloons of quantity 2, 3, and 5 etc. This is not a quantity override, its fully linked to actual assembly QTY and the quantities can be shared between as many balloons as desired. Tricky to implement I guess, but it'd be huge for many people I think. Apologies if this is a duplicate idea.

33 Kudos
scottmoyse

Transparent Model Browser

by *Expert Elite* on ‎06-04-2014 12:53 AM

A lot of people seem to want a Solidworkesque or Fusion like transparent model browser. Solid Edge also has this. While it does provide more screen real estate, it can also be quite hard to read. So I hate to say it I like Solidworks implementation of it.

I would have it set to the current Inventor method most of the time. But having used Inventor HSM & HSMWorks, it aint half handy being able to add a transparent browser tree on the side of the HSM browser, there are a number of occasions where drilling down into components and features in the model browser would be very handy while keeping the CAM panels open. Figuring out what you need to do with holes, or checking draft angles etc.. 

So while I wasn't a fan, having seen how it can be leveraged during CAM (maybe even FEA) workflows, I definitely would like to see this appear as not only an option, but also as a secondary browser, just like Solidworks.... urggh, I feel dirty. ;-)

13 Kudos
brendan.henderson

Fully constrained Bolted Connection

by *Expert Elite* on ‎06-29-2014 06:29 PM

I've never understood why a Bolted Connection using the "Circular References" selection doesn't automatically fully constrain the BC. All that is needed is a final mate/mate constraint (or an imate) of 1 of the bolts to a matching hole (but not the first bolt - it's already done).

Instead the user needs to rotate the BC to a position where the hole and the bolt shaft can be seen and then a mate axis/ mate axis constraint applied.

bolted_connection_final_constraint.png

31 Kudos

When setting the diameter and schedule for a pipe style, both settings change for the pipe, but only the diameter changes for the elbows (fittings).

There is no indication in the Style Editor that you have changed only the elbow diameter and not the elbow schedule. Below is an example of changing a copied pipe style from Schd 40 to 80.

Tube_Pipe Style Issue - Schedule change effect pipe and elbow.png

New users often discover the incorrect elbow schedule only after reviewing the BOM or selecting a hidden edge display mode.

Tube_Pipe Style Issue - Schedule change effect pipe and elbow 2.png

Extra steps in the Style Editor are required to set a matching elbow schedule.

This schedule mismatch has been "broken" for several releases.

Please vote for this idea if you think changing the style schedule value should change the pipe and the elbows. 

Regards,

Jerry

2 Kudos

Hi,

I have a proposition to:

Introduce something similar like constrains that could be used for delivered parts in part environment. Currently it is only possible to move derived body but available solution is rather not convenient to use.

Cris.

1 Kudo
jmsmith4586

Coordinate Dimensioning

by jmsmith4586 on ‎07-24-2014 07:35 AM

It would be nice to have a dimension style or leader note that would allow you to call out x,y,and z coordintes for points on parts that have multiple angles.

47 Kudos
Curtis_Waguespack

Improve Chamfer Note drawing tool

by *Expert Elite* on ‎05-14-2014 10:04 AM

Issue:

Currently a chamfer note will report an inaccurate length if another feature such as a hole, a cut, or a fillet is applied on top of the chamfer feature:

Autodesk Inventor Drawing Chamfer Note.png

Suggestion:

Allow the chamfer note to read the model feature data, rather than simply reading the drawing curve length.

Related forum discussion:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Another-issue-needs-to-be-fixed/td-p/5030682

16 Kudos

Show when in assembly a part is fully constrained in model tree.

22 Kudos

Put it back to the default (ON) of showing threads in drawings of parts.

I don't want my customers editing the registry to put this on!

It is dangerous to have this off by default, as users will accidently product drawings incorrectly without threads showing.

What a strange decision to change this....

7 Kudos
a.sima

group features

by a.sima on ‎07-08-2014 12:14 AM

I would like to have the possibility to group some features of a part. Then the group would be handled as a single entity (patterned, suppressed or other operations).

10 Kudos
info

Extrude extents

by info on ‎07-01-2014 11:46 AM

Hi everyone, It would be really great to have extra extrude options;

Sketchplane

Face/Surface/Plane

Offset

Extrude options.png

Pretty simple i think. :smileywink:

Grtz

VJ

21 Kudos
MShanholt

selection window for .ipn

by MShanholt on ‎06-13-2014 06:12 AM

it is incredibly time consuming not having a selection window when working with large assembly presentation files. i can only click the parts individually or on the browser. i should be able to highlight whatever parts i want with a selection window to perform a tweak as well

33 Kudos
d.geisbauer

Full featured text editor for drawings

by d.geisbauer on ‎05-27-2014 05:12 AM

There is one thing I miss most in Inventor every day – since years:

A full featured text editor with the ability to format text like in AutoCAD.

With paragraphs, line breaks, tab stops, lists and the possibility to assign different colors to different parts of a text.

TextEditor_for_Inventor.jpg

78 Kudos
livewire77

Diameter dimension

by livewire77 on ‎04-07-2014 09:51 AM

Inventor should recognize this as diameter and automatically place diameter symbol before text. Solidworks can do it.

Diameter.jpg

10 Kudos
blandb

Steel Shapes, Frame Generator

by blandb on ‎06-30-2014 10:30 AM

To have predefined notch profiles that are commonly be used in wide flange, channels, angles, tubes/pipes etc.  that follow AISC standards. Or, users could create a copy of the default and change according to their company standards without having to create from scratch.

12 Kudos
stephenrottloff7259

Simplified drawing views

by Active Contributor stephenrottloff7259 on ‎06-26-2014 05:38 AM

Inventor creates drawing views that match parts and assemblies very well.  Certain geometry like non-linear shapes cause Inventor to use many geometrical elements to show this geometry within the drawing views.  This causes the geometrical element count in the drawing views to increase dramatically.  This level of detail is not always needed.  Sometimes we export and use the drawing views for layout investigations, user manuals etc. within other programs like Autocad and Illustrator.  The drawing views with high geometrical element counts cause issues with performance and sometimes makes the views unusable unless they are simplified.

I propose a new workflow when exporting drawing views, to have Inventor automatically detect high geometrical element count areas.  Then offer a way to replace these areas with user selectable patterns.  This may be similar to hatching an area.   These areas can be detected within a user definable threshold.  For example, if an area under 1 square unit of a drawing view has over 1000 geometrical elements, it could be identified and shown with an alternate pattern.

The attached PDF contains views of a simple plastic cover with a part that has features that cause high geometrical element counts.  The last view is the view after a simplification done within Autocad.  Only the area of high geometrical element count has been changed.

Thank you,
Stephen R.

16 Kudos
ChelseaJVH

Precise View Rotation in Parts & Assemblies

by Contributor ChelseaJVH ‎06-18-2014 10:39 AM - edited ‎06-18-2014 10:42 AM

It would be really great to have the Precise View Rotation in the Part and Assembly environment especially to create View Representations. Here is a picture of it when you can customize drawing views:

Precise View Rotation.jpg

16 Kudos

Centered Pattern centerlines for bolt circles are very handy.  How about something similar for non-circular bolt patterns?  Centerline annotation that follows Pattern Feature data from the model would be quite uselfull.  To produce the drawing shown, each bolt pattern required the placement of four two-hole centerlines.  A single pick for the feature pattern would speed things up considerably.

This is a fairly simple part.  Imagine if it were a boiler tubesheet!

Centerlines.JPG

46 Kudos
khosking

Center Mark - Multi-select align with edge

by Active Contributor khosking on ‎05-06-2014 07:41 PM

The below picutre shows a problem, where in an Inventor drawing when mutliple center marks are selected, the "Align to Edge" command only modifys one center mark and not all of the selected.

A user who has many center marks in their drawing must manually align them one by one, which would be time consuming, so it would be great if multiple center marks could be selected and aligned with one click.

Accepted idea as [US22731] Thanks
9 Kudos

Currently we can save templates or data conception in Vault :

Sans titre.png

...but Inventor is unable to use directly Vault files : you have to get them from Vault to local workspace, then the project file (or inventor options) define the location in the local workspace. So, if you modify a template, you have to detect the modification from Vault : this mean you open the templates tree and verifiy all status icons. If you see a red icon you manually update your local file.

It could be more practical to define the path directly in the Vault : with this method you are sure to always use an updated version.

2014-07-01_16h21_58.png

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube