New Idea
22 Kudos
lucmartzz

Value preview in derived part dialog box

by Contributor lucmartzz on ‎10-05-2013 10:33 AM

I used to work with derived parts (specialy deriving parameters) and I used to have names for the parameters that I wish to export but sometimes I forget somethins so I have to get back to rename or check the name of the parameter (d#).

So if I had just the chance to have a parameter value preview I would find easy (not in big list of parameter) parameters that are obviusly clear like "5ul" or something.

AI2014D5.jpg

14 Kudos

I would like to see horizontal and vertical markers in sketch mode for the use of horizontal and vertical sketch constraints as this is not always obvious and epecially not to new users. 

13.JPG

54 Kudos

The basics of 3D modeling is extrude sketches in a linear direction or revolve sketches around an axis.

Why can we NOT do this this with Project Geometry?

Please add the ability to project sketch edges around an axis: 

Roject_Curve1.jpg

Accepted idea [US14724]. Thanks!
39 Kudos

When creating a mirrored version of a sheet metal part in an assembly, the mirrored part doesn't inherit the the Sheet Metal Rule, thickness and unfold rule of the original part.

This is very annoying because without manually editing it, I'm unable to generate flat patterns. When I modify the thickness of the original part, I also have to edit the settings of the mirrored part again.

Accepted idea [US15010]. Thanks!
65 Kudos

Here's one that I've had requests for several times.

You have an assembly view on a drawing and place a parts list for that view.  Now, you want to place several base views of individual parts for detailing.  Along with each part view, you want the corresponding item number from the parts list.

I know you can edit the view label to include model properties, such as the part name, material, etc, but there's no way to link the item number from the parts list to that part.  It would be nice to link that part to the corresponding item number in the parts list and if the parts list is renumbered, the item numbers associated with each part view would update accordingly.

I've tried placing a balloon and selecting the individual part, but it will only use "1" as the item number, since it is just a component and not an assembly.  Perhaps, when adding a balloon to a part like this, you could select the parts list that you want to reference.  Many times, you may have several sheets of details and still want the item numbers to reference the parts list on sheet 1, where the main assembly view and parts list is located.

Accepted idea [US14620]. Thanks!

3 Kudos
kevinb

Tolerance should be a fixed ratio to text size

by kevinb on ‎04-28-2014 12:41 PM

Scaling Issues.PNG

Why doesn't the size adjust properly?

Also, is there a better way to shrink sizes of text/annotations?  Perhaps a "scale annotations" option so that if I'm running something off on a size A (8.5 x 11) the dimensions aren't huge compared to what they need to be.

21 Kudos

The mini-toolbar for selection of a new sketch and modification of an existing feature is really handy to avoid going to the browser every time.  One of the common reasons I still go there is to turn on the Visibility of a Sketch that I want to reuse again and again for new features (Shared Sketch).

It would be handy if the menu also added this ability as in the mockup image shown for Sketch Visibility.

10-9-2013 1-33-54 PM.png

2 Kudos
LeanderTorres

Icopy and frame generator

by LeanderTorres on ‎05-16-2014 06:03 AM

I would realy like to use frame generator components in an icopy.

I'd like to be able to drive the type of section  with an I logic form, why is this not possible?

14 Kudos

Currently you can't control the style of retrieved dimensions in the format text dialog.  Even if you edit them in the model or user parameters of the part or assembly.  The 1.625 should be able to be shown as 1 5/8 in the slot note text.

dimension text.jpg

30 Kudos

It would be nice to have a Find and Replace tool that would allow us to look for text values in the active file type.

1. Drawing file - search iProeprties, Note text, View Label text, Dimension text, Table text, etc.
  2. Assembly files - search iProeprties, Sketch text, Browser text, etc.
  3. Part files - search iProeprties, Sketch text, Browser text, etc.

Related link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/How-do-I-search-for-text-in-a-file/m-p/4343227#M4776...

26 Kudos
mrattray

Auto flip arrowheads inside/outside

by *Expert Elite* on ‎08-23-2013 07:04 AM

In the drafting environment I would like an option for arrowheads to automatically flip to the outside if it allows me to put the text between the extension lines.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

10 Kudos
jamjumpin

Flip countersink holes

by Valued Contributor jamjumpin ‎01-22-2014 06:59 AM - edited ‎01-22-2014 06:59 AM

In the hole dialogue box I want to be able to flip the side that is countersunk. 

Quite often I put a hole in something and then decide later it needs to be CSK, but I've drilled it in the wrong direction. 

I want to be able to click a box that will put the CSK on the termination end of the hole instead of where the sketch is.

I searched and couldn't find this, I thought it would be already here. 

2 Kudos
admaiora

Emboss -Wrap to surface-Not only Cylindrical

by Active Contributor admaiora on ‎05-15-2014 02:17 AM

The ability to emboss wrapping to curve surfaces (not only cylindrical).

26 Kudos

When I change properties in the assembly bill of material or in design assistant, the browser refreshes and jumps to the top or bottom of the list.  It doesn't happen exactly like this but most of you know what I am saying.  I just want to continue renaming or property edits where I left off, especially in large assemblies.

list jump.png

17 Kudos

There should be an option that allows users when mating more then one component to the same surface to be able to select all components instead of having to create individual mates for each.

6 Kudos
duncan

Intelligent Holes - iHole Tool

by Distinguished Contributor duncan on ‎03-11-2014 02:57 AM

We have had various options for creating holes for a long time, but we have had little intelligence built into the tool.

The intelligence is quite simple logic, so could easily be coded.

If there is an unconsumed sketch or shared sketch visible with points, the hole tool automatically defaults to sketch mode.

If there aren't any sketches and the user picks a surface and then a circular edge of surface, the tool defaults to concentric

If the users picks a surface and then a straight edge, the tool defaults to linear

And so on ...

Seemples

:robothappy:

36 Kudos
jddickson

Attach Text to Balloons

by Mentor on ‎05-29-2013 12:11 PM

I think you would be really useful to have an interface that attaches text to balloons. Something like the image below where you can attach it to any side.

Attach Text to Ballon.jpg

Attach Text to Ballon 2.jpg

It would be nice if you double click the balloon and attach whatever you need. It would also never lose the link to the balloon.

After additional consideration, this Idea has been converted from Duplicate to Accepted. We understand that TYP. or REF. text tags are often times common on balloon annotations. Accepted idea [US21778]. Thanks!
2 Kudos
DWhiteley

Override COG in iProperties

by Distinguished Contributor DWhiteley on ‎05-14-2014 06:49 AM

You can override the mass in iProperties but not the COG. This is something you would want to do for, say, a gearbox supplied b y a 3rd party, where you would model the "LUMP" and override the mass and COG. SWX can do this already.

1 Kudo
jberns

My Home - sort Project list

by Valued Contributor jberns on ‎06-05-2014 09:07 AM

The Projects dialog box alphabetizes the projects.

The "My Home - Projects list" does not alphabetize. Sorting the list would add consistency and ease of use.

Regards,

Jerry

11 Kudos
MDHCS

Letter as Dimension Override

by MDHCS on ‎01-07-2014 06:42 AM

There should be a simple way to display a letter as the dimension with a tolerance. I suggest allowing the Override field to accept letters as well as having the abitily to bring in any tolerance that may have been in the part dimension.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea.

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube