Inventor IdeaStation
Share your ideas about how to improve Inventor with the Development Team.
New Idea
50 Kudos

It would be a nice feature to have a control panel in Inventor where you could take certain driven constraints and put them on this control than hit a momentary button to make your model move. Once example would be a hydraulic cylinder. Presently, we drive the cylinder to put things into motion, but I have to access thru browser and usually add symbols to make the constraint stand out (See image). If I had a control panel where I could tie that driven constrain to it and depress a toggle/button which would activate the constrain. I would then have full control and almost act like it would in the real world.control constraints-joints.png

control.png

10 Kudos
sales

Remembering view alignment of sketches

by sales on ‎08-08-2014 01:32 AM

When I edit a sketch Inventor takes me to a 'default' view of the sketch, and quite often it's not orientated in the way that I want -
quite often I'll want to view the sketch from a particular side, or alignment which doesn't correspond with the WCS/UCS, this is annoying and time consuming to re-adjust each and every time I go into a sketch.
Thus I'd like to see Inventor remember the view alignment of each sketch previously worked on so that when it's edited the sketch is viewed in the correct attitude.

24 Kudos

Pretty straightforward here. I would like to see a "Replace from Vault" option when replacing components in an assembly. We can replace from local and Content Center but not Vault upfront? Currently users have to select Replace or Replace All and the dialog box opens we have to select the little Vault icon in the lower left corner to open up yet another dialog box where we can browse the Vault. It would be nice if Autodesk would add this because it would save us from more dialog boxes and clicks.

See below...

replace.jpg

7 Kudos

There's a lot of talk about this issue - it could be so simple but is currently frustrating.

horiz constraint 2.jpg

What could be easier than applying a horizontal constraint to make the line horizontal ?

21 Kudos

I very often would like to use the origin planes of pipe fittings as projected geometry in my Tube & Pipe routes, in order to constrain to them and line up one route with a fitting on another without having to get out the calculator.  Content Center parts will not allow origin planes, work planes, points, axes etc to be toggled visible.  This does not affect the part geometry in any way and would be very helpful in routing.

show_hide.JPG

63 Kudos

Please add a separate visibility switch as shown below.  Sometimes I need it on and sometime I need it off; if I need it off I have to go into the text menu and clear out the second property (A click fest that gets old by the second time).    Thanks!

Capture.JPG

31 Kudos
adam.gracanin

Attach text to view

by adam.gracanin on ‎02-28-2014 02:44 AM

In drawing when I create text which describes some view it is not attached to it. Text is free. Many times I move view and text stays.

It would be nice to can attach text to view like sketch.

Example: Click on view to select it and then create text. When text is created it is attached to view and when you move view text moves too with view.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Thanks

Adam

Multiple solutions provided by the community for this request. Thanks everyone!
9 Kudos

Instead of clicking OK, expand the extrusion and set the visibility of that sketch, and restart the extrude command

Share sketch.JPG

19 Kudos
dts

Each open file as a process

by dts on ‎05-21-2014 02:54 AM

Dear development,

It is possible to run 2 inventors at the same time. I use this sometimes to run an analysis or to open big complex assemblies. This becaus if something goes wrong I can kill the process. So it would be great if each window could be a process (like chrome brouwser for example). Now if something goes wrong (a crash, or a parameter wich should've been 10 and not 10000) you only loose that file...

Another benifit would be that if you run a complex update you can continue working in another tab. So you take more advantage of you hardware.

Below a screenshot of Chrome and the taskmanager, there are 7 tabs and 7 processes.

chrome.JPG

117 Kudos

I have read some older posts in this forum and found some work arounds, but I still don't clearly understand why we can't have the option to insert a workplane between two parallel planes/faces at the assembly level. Why can we only do it at the part level?

Image - Left side part level - right side assembly level

planes.png

Thanks

Sean

This idea has been implemented within Autodesk Inventor 2015. Special thanks to the author of this Idea and likewise to everyone who cast your Kudo for it. Enhancements were made within the Assembly environment to create workplanes between two parallel faces, or non-parallel faces in Assemblies (between two components). Enhancements were made within the Part environment to create workplanes between non-parallel faces. Please be sure to check this out in Autodesk Inventor 2015. Thanks!
4 Kudos
ben.gee

Rotating general dimension text

by Valued Contributor ben.gee on ‎10-07-2014 07:04 AM

I filed a support call on this but was told it was not possible - hence my post.

Would it be possible to rotate general dimension text (similar to what can be done with ordinate dimensions)?

I am dimensioning a part with many edges. With the dimensions all at X.XX precision it is proving a problem to fit them on the page. 

I'd rather not be starting a new sheet and the part itself is at the scale I'd like, so in order to create a bit of room I'd like to rotate my dimension text.

I've created a quick sketch of what I mean (in AutoCAD).

Thanks

Ben

17 Kudos

Hi, it would be great the ability to choose before creating a Sketch in assembly enviroment if it will be Adaptive or without adaptivity.

Adaptivity is a great tool, but often the errors caused by its abuse are very painful.

On the other side often it's needed to take profit by other parts edges references...and the user gives up afraid for the use of the adaptivity or use it and then remove the references manually.

adaptive.jpg

12 Kudos

Capture.JPG

It would be nice to right click a pattern in the feature tree to turn off the visibility of all items. Right now you have to expand the pattern and hide visibility for each element.

2 Kudos
jyager

Tube and Pipe dialogue window resize.

by Distinguished Contributor jyager on ‎11-04-2014 08:11 AM

In the tube and pipe style dialogue box, you can stretch the window as big as you would like...except the general/rules tab is static...it would be nice to be able to see the family names without having to stretch cells and and slide around in that tiny window.

window.jpg

Accepted idea [US26181]. Thanks!
5 Kudos

User would like to be able to easily create exploded view representations directly inside Inventor without having to create and manage a seperate presentation file. This will make drawing view creation simpler as all of the view representations are in the assembly file.

30 Kudos
bendesign04

Customizable Browser tabs

by bendesign04 on ‎03-02-2014 05:08 PM

Now that we have iLogic the real estate on the browser is getting reduced. I suggest the option of customizable tabs on the browser to help increase the space.

47.JPG

3 Kudos

Above standard is quite commonly used and should be implemented into thread.xls

46 Kudos
timdown73

Better dimension text interaction

by Valued Contributor timdown73 on ‎11-22-2013 10:39 AM

Maybe this is standard but I find it to be potentially confusing (see below).

Capture.JPG

8 Kudos

Have the ability to right click an IDW drawing view(s), select copy, and then be able to paste them directly into an active AutoCAD session.  This would save from having to go through an export-file save - import-file open workflow.  It would be great to have a simple copy/paste workflow.

Stephen R.

29 Kudos
rejr

Find Parts in Browser

by rejr ‎03-06-2014 11:43 AM - edited ‎03-06-2014 11:45 AM

To be able to search/find for part in the browser tree capable of seaching in assemblies. For assemblies with thousands of parts this would be very usefull.

Capture.PNG

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube