Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define animated object's speed in ICE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mrkvs
403 Views, 2 Replies

How to define animated object's speed in ICE

I have an animated emitter, and would like to adjust particles's emission speed to emitter's moving speed. I just need some input for my node's "Emit from Null" Speed attribute.

I've learned, that it's possible to calculate object's velocity and acceleration in Global Transform properties, but that help page doesn't go further, stating that:

"Note that you do not need to activate these values in order to read objects' velocity and acceleration in an ICE tree. ICE automatically calculates velocity and acceleration as needed."

So how to read them? 🙂

(I'm a newbie, but trying hardly)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RaffaeleFragapane
in reply to: mrkvs

If the graph is simulated you can simply take the global position of the object, then push it through a get data at previous frame, and then subtract the current frame's pos from the previous frame's.

- +---------------+
|subtract |
| result o|-------------->
/-- o Get at previous frame -----|o first |
Get pos ----------------------------------|o second |
+---------------+
Message 3 of 3
Grahame_Fuller
in reply to: mrkvs

Just open the property editor for a Get Data node, click Explore, and get object > Kinematics > Global Transform > Velocity (which resolves as object.kine.global.vel).

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report