Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drilling 2 offset bolt circles in 5 ax one is misaligned after posting

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
markp
231 Views, 1 Reply

drilling 2 offset bolt circles in 5 ax one is misaligned after posting

Im drilling/tapping two radially oriented bolt circle holes in a stepped circular solid part. One circular pattern of 3 holes is aligned with the tilted UCS I made for that group. The second circular pattern of 6 holes is aligned with a second tilted  UCS at a different Z depth.  Everything looks perfect in simulation. I posted it the post below for my machine DMU50v.  DeckelMaho DMU50v Millplus v330.cps

The first set of holes all is good. The second set is tilted at a compound angle to the UCS tilt plane. It shows aligned with the UCS in sim. Its off a few degrees but in tilt but in the right position. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
markp
in reply to: markp

I see what happened. When I set the UCS at an angle, I rotated the Z axis to align the ring of holes afterwards. You need to rotate the Z axis into position first, then tilt the axis towards the hole you selected. What seems odd is that in simulation,  the angle of the holes is correct but once posted, the holes are at a compound angle.

After I reset the UCS, the holes looked the same in the sim, correctly angled, but the ops posted correctly.  ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report