Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siemens 840 post problem\bug?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
HughesTooling
313 Views, 0 Replies

Siemens 840 post problem\bug?

I've helped a few people trying to use the 840 post. They were having trouble when arcs were in the XZ or YZ plane, see this post as an example.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/computer-aided-machining-cam/issue-with-3d-parallel-on-sinumerik-808d-...

I've just helped someone else who is using an 840d control with the same problem. The control is fine being given an XYZ helical move in the XY plane but the standard post outputs XYZ in the XZ and YZ planes as well and that doesn't seem to work.

I modified the post to this, I'm not sure if the CAM can generate helical moves in the XZ and YZ but thought I'd better check and linearize them.

} else { // use radius mode
    var r = getCircularRadius();
    if (toDeg(getCircularSweep()) > (180 + 1e-9)) {
      r = -r; // allow up to <360 deg arcs
    }
    switch (getCircularPlane()) {
    case PLANE_XY:
      forceXYZ();
      writeBlock( gMotionModal.format(clockwise ? 3 : 2), xOutput.format(x), yOutput.format(y), zOutput.format(z), "CR=" + xyzFormat.format(r), getFeed(feed));
      break;
    case PLANE_ZX: // Removed Y moves from XZ plane arcs and added linearize if a helical ZX is used. HT 17/10/16
	  if (isHelical()) {
		linearize(tolerance);
		return;
	  }
      forceXYZ();
      writeBlock(gMotionModal.format(clockwise ? 2 : 3), xOutput.format(x), zOutput.format(z), "CR=" + xyzFormat.format(r), getFeed(feed));
      break;
    case PLANE_YZ: // Removed X moves from YZ plane arcs and added linearize if a helical ZX is used. HT 17/10/16
	  if (isHelical()) {
		linearize(tolerance);
		return;
	  }
      forceXYZ();
      writeBlock(gMotionModal.format(clockwise ? 3 : 2), yOutput.format(y), zOutput.format(z), "CR=" + xyzFormat.format(r), getFeed(feed));
      break;
    default:
      linearize(tolerance);
    }
  }

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report