Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread modeling crashes

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
deeponglu
409 Views, 6 Replies

Thread modeling crashes

Whenever I try to create threads and check the model options, the program hangs. This happens on multiple computers.

I was modeling internal 10-32 UNF threads on a 0.156" through-hole 14 inches in length. I'm not sure if this unique geometry is causing problems but I don't recall having issues with this feature before.

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: deeponglu

@deeponglu wrote:

I was modeling internal 10-32 UNF threads on a 0.156" through-hole 14 inches in length. ...

I am curious about what manufacturing process will be used to create a 14" long #10 fine thread?

Will this be 3D printed?

Message 3 of 7
deeponglu
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

The thru-holes are to be drilled using standard tooling but the threads are only 0.5 inches deep in this design. That shouldn't place extreme demands on computational resources.

Message 4 of 7
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: deeponglu

Is there a reason you are using modeled threads rather than Cosmetic threads?

I tried to reproduce with your specs and when I changed to Modeled - Fusion locked up on my as well.

Message 5 of 7

I added a second Hole Ø.19 x .5 deep (the same as the fastener OD) and then the Modeled Thread was solved near instantaneously.

Message 6 of 7

Thanks a lot for sharing with us!

I try it on the latest build 2.0.1193 and can create the thread successfully. See the screenshot below: The thread is added to a 0.156" through-hole 14 inches in length.

So is there anything else I missed please? If you can still reproduce the crash, would you please share the original data with us and I'll take a further look.

Thread.png

Thanks again and have a nice day!

Macro Liu(Fusion 360 QA)

Message 7 of 7

Sorry and please ignore my previous reply.

We finally succeed to reproduce this issue and now have it tracked. We'll try to get it resolved as soon as we can.

Thank you very much!

Macro Liu(Fusion 360 QA)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report