Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep Anomaly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TheCADWhisperer
365 Views, 5 Replies

Sweep Anomaly

Expand Bodies node in browser.

Note there should be a Body 9 should be visible.

In the timeline right click on the Sweep feature and edit.

Unselect Chain Selection.

Observe the model from all sides.

Keep editing the Sweep, unselecting Chain Selection (as I keep doing this - at some point the solid body is not retrieved at all, right or wrong).

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

My work-around was to place the Sweep in the Base Feature.

Now I get an Extrusion Anomaly trying to Join two half cylinders.

Message 3 of 6

Edit the Base Feature.

Turn off the visibility of the surface bodies.

Message 4 of 6

Hello,

So reading through your posts, I am able to pull out a couple things.  Please let me know if I am misunderstanding something 🙂

1. Unselecting Chain selection during an edit, results in the solid body not being retrieved at all?  Is this the correct workflow to reproduce the issue?  I have been trying to do this with the model you provided and I am having issues replicating what you are talking about.  Do you happen to have a video of what you are doing so I can make sure the correct workflow gets forwarded to our dev team.

2. Extrusion Anomoly.  I have seen two things here, one is where the entire body will disappear after the join extrusion happens, and another where a surface that is invisibile get included in the join.  Both of which are not the correct behavior.  We currently have a bug for this and I will add this as another case to get it fixed.

3. You mention you edit the base feature and then turn off the visibility of the surfaces.  What is the expectation here, I think I am missing what I am supposed to be seeing.

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6

1. I do not see any solid body, but there should be a solid body visible.

Edit the sweep and as indicated and the solid body becomes visible but with extra surface - visible from one side but not the other (similar to 2.)

2. See #1 - essentially same behavior.

3. Turn off visibility of the surface bodies so that the solid body can be viewed.

When I get a chance I will make some videos (I thought the problems were pretty obvious).

Message 6 of 6

No need to create a video anymore.

I am able to reproduce the behavior now, the extra information you provided gave me enough to understand the problem.

Cheers,

[Joel Palioca]
[Software QA Engineer]
Joel(dot)Palioca(at)autodesk(dot)com
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report