Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch - more small problems (probably bugs?)

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
lure23
550 Views, 6 Replies

Sketch - more small problems (probably bugs?)

This video shows three issues I'm currently struggling with.

Is there a way to do these?

1. Unable to "unsnap" two center points (0:00 .. 0:09)

The lower right circle and the grabber arm's ending arc have snapped together. But I don't want them to. They now move together, whereas I want the circle to remain stationary. Editing two center points on top of each other is probably my problem.

There is no constraint icon visible for this that I could remove. 

a.png

2. No selectable end point for the arc (0:10 .. 0:16)

Because the radius label is so close to the left end of the arc, Fusion 360 does not allow me to select the end point, at all. This is a bug, right. I'm not able to move the radius label's position, either (to move it out of the way). Notice that the right end point is highlighted on the video whereas the left is not.

b.png

3. Constraining an arc's opening angle (0:18 .. 0:23)

I'd want the grabber arm's opening to be constrained but cannot find a way to do that. Currently, it moves either be me manually (in the video) but also as a side effect of other movements. 

Fusion 360 has angle constraints, but how to apply them to such a single arc?

Enabling 'Sketch Dimension' and selecting the arc gives me access to only its radius.

c.png

I also tried selecting both of its end points (which I cannot, any more) as well as both the end points and the mid point. Would have expected one of these combos to grant me access to constraining the arc's opening angle.

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Macro.Liu_Autodesk
in reply to: lure23

Thanks a lot for sharing your observations with us!

I tried something similiar with all the cases you mentioned below on the latest build (1.8.604) and got the below results:

1. Unable to "unsnap" two center points - You can right click on the center point (actually there're two center points which are located together), and select "Delete Coincident". Then you should be able to move either one.

2. No selectable end point for the arc - I tried as well and could drag the end point of the arc. Also, I could move the radius dimension.

3. Constraining an arc's opening angle - You're right, currently there's no way to add such dimension (constraint). I've already transfer this request to our development team. And btw, a considerable workaround is to: draw 2 lines which represent the opening angle and then add 'Angle' dimension to these 2 lines. You can change the value of angle to control the opening angle of the arc.

Thanks Again!

Macro Liu

Fusion 360 QA

Message 3 of 7
lure23
in reply to: Macro.Liu_Autodesk

Thanks, Macro Liu

1. I don't find the 'Delete Coincident' tool. In which mode/submode should I be when right-clicking?

If I'm in regular 'Edit Sketch', this is what right click brings:

right in edit sketch.png

If I'm in 'Edit Sketch > Constraints' mode, right click gives this:

right in constraints.png

None of this seems even remotely like what I need to unsnap the points. 

2. I still don't even get the end point to show up (which probably would allow me to move it). Here's a new video where I try zooming in. The arc moves, but it's because I'm moving the label. video

3. This workaround will do fine for now. Thanks for taking it further.

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 4 of 7
NicolasXu

For the second issue, is there any chance that the left end of the arc is extremely close to the right end of the arc? I’m asking this because dragging the dimension label should not change the arc length.

Nicolas Xu
Sr. SQA Eng.
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
lure23
in reply to: NicolasXu

Absolutely Awesome, Nicolas!

You solved it. The end point had moved to some 5-10 degrees from the start point, and since the arc looks very much like the arc caused by the label, I was always just moving the label.

thanks.png

Not only solved, but a reasonable explanation! Thanks.

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.
Message 6 of 7
Macro.Liu_Autodesk

You're welcome, as alwaysSmiley Tongue

1. First, you need to go to 'Edit Sketch' environment. Then, you should left-click (select) the points. Finally right-click will show 'Delete Coincident' in the context menu.

unsnap.png

2. It looks strange as I can easily selelct the end of the arc even there's a radius dimension. If you can consistently reproduce this issue with this file, would you please share the file with me so that I can take a further look? You can email me at: LiangDOTLiu@AutodeskDOTcom. You can choose "Export Archive" from 'Application menu' to export this file.

end.png

Many thanks!

Macro Liu

Fusion 360 QA

Message 7 of 7
lure23
in reply to: Macro.Liu_Autodesk

Left-clicking (selecting) the point prior to the right click was what was lacking.

This solves case 1 (which was the last one). Thanks.

Asko Kauppi

IT guy into Cleantech.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report