Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot leg assembly errors, possible corruption

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
emil135k
353 Views, 3 Replies

Robot leg assembly errors, possible corruption

Dear peers,

I am attaching assembly, for collaborative peer review (unfortunately unsuccessful at attaching the f3d model as I am getting..."The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type" error)  I get the feeling that as I activated timeline, odd error notices seem to be popping up more regularly but I wanted to explore the advantages of history based parametric featurs to change sketch dimensions that would update in extruded portion.

I was trying to make a revolute joint as shown in screen capture below.  I have noticed that if one wants to make copies of components to reuse elsewhere, it causes odd duality errors where if one moves the child part, the parent moves as well as showing up double copies of origins.  Best workflow for me has been copying the body and then convert to components, considerably more steps involved and somewhat tedious but much more predictable in behavior.

I wish that it where possible to have a commutative capability of being able to move or align the origins towards the body rather than being forced to move the body towards the the triad of the origin.  That forces one to have to unassemble bodies and components if wanting to realign with its triad origin to then reassemble rather than leaving bodies assembled and just moving the origin triad to desired location in reference to its corresponding body or component.

Regards,

-Emil

Joint error during assembly.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: emil135k

@emil135k wrote:

Dear peers,

I am attaching assembly, for collaborative peer review (unfortunately unsuccessful at attaching the f3d model as I am getting..."The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type" error)   

You can attach a file here by right mouse clicking on the *.f3d file and selecting Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.  Attach the resulting *.zip file here.

Message 3 of 4
emil135k
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Message 4 of 4
emil135k
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Hi,

File has been uploaded.

-Emil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report