Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Q's

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
smeggy
350 Views, 5 Replies

Rendering Q's

I've been playing with the new render engine figuring out what everything does and there are a couple of things I've noticed that I'm curious to see if it can be fixed in any of the .xml files.

The first is that the renders are a bit soft. I don't know if there's a pixel blur setting I could tone down a bit. It just needs a little less as it's killing details that a larger render - resized would fix but fixing it at source would be handy.

The other is excessive hard black in deep shadows as seen below where the closest cup meets the ground, Both the ground plane and cup wood grain are showing extreme black with no falloff. Hard to describe but easy to see in the pic below. 

Before I go any further, I should add that I replaced a bunch of the supplied lightmaps with others to light my scenes better. I have no idea if this might be the cause and I can supply the map and .xml to you if requested. It's not a huge problem and I can work around it but I'm assuming at some later stage that user selected maps could be an option, so I'm getting on this early.

PIC 

phonesTest.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
chengyun.yang
in reply to: smeggy

Hi,

Did you render it using normal mode or advanced mode? 

Chengyun Yang - Fusion graphics developer

Message 3 of 6
smeggy
in reply to: chengyun.yang

Hi Chengyun. Don't expect to see you here on a Sunday.

It was rendered in advanced mode. I left it going overnight for about 6 hours, so, longer than I usually run it. 

Message 4 of 6
chengyun.yang

Hi,

In the rendering dialog, there is an exposure control and rotation control. Is it helpful if you adjust them a little bit? 

Chengyun Yang

Fusion graphics developer

Message 5 of 6
smeggy
in reply to: chengyun.yang

Yes, If I keep it over a certain exposure level at that rotation it works fine, If I rotate the HDR to a brighter facing part it also woks fine. Is it just too much contrast in the Map?

Message 6 of 6
chengyun.yang

It is hard to say but to get a nice rendering we need to align on 3 things:  material (shading), tone mapping/exposure and lighting. They are just as the 3 legs of a tripod. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report